Rear Seat Will Not Lock In Place

09KR0058

Hoping there is someone here who works on the assembly line and could possibly shed some light on this issue.

My 2020 F150 Limited was built in June.  The driver's side of the split rear seats will not lock in place.  There is a bracket with a floating pin on the back wall and the catch on the back of the seat back will not catch on it.  I've tried sliding the pin up/down, bit by bit but they just don't seem to align.

When you guys put that seat in during the build, is there something you do to make it catch?

2 hours ago, 09KR0058 said:

Hoping there is someone here who works on the assembly line and could possibly shed some light on this issue.

My 2020 F150 Limited was built in June.  The driver's side of the split rear seats will not lock in place.  There is a bracket with a floating pin on the back wall and the catch on the back of the seat back will not catch on it.  I've tried sliding the pin up/down, bit by bit but they just don't seem to align.

When you guys put that seat in during the build, is there something you do to make it catch?

Hi 09. Blind Internet diagnosis: Check the "catch" on the back of the seat to see if perhaps it is in the closed position. If not, then the mechanism is probably defective and will need to be replaced under warranty.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks for the quick reply @bbf2530.  Yep, that's one of the first things I checked, as I'm very familiar with that mechanism.  In my 2010 Lariat, I did the hack where you put a zip tie on it that sticks up to the top of the seat back so you can easily pull it to release the catch to drop the seat back without having to squeeze your hand down the back of it.  I was in the process of doing the same hack to the new truck when I ran into this issue.

I had the truck in the shop to get my first oil change a couple weeks ago and asked about this, but the service writer said the guy that works on this kind of stuff was backed up for at least two days.  I'll just call them and try to make an appointment.