Mid-Year Pricing Actions

DETAILS OF MID-YEAR PRICING ACTIONS

EFFECTIVE DATE
Price and Dealer Invoice changes will be effective December 23, 2020.

PRICE PROTECTION
2021 model units invoiced prior to December 23, 2020 will not be re-invoiced.

Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2021-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 22, 2020 and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 26, 2020.
• Fleet CPA or GPC orders will continue to be price protected to the individual customer’s contract agreement or bid date.

RETAIL PRICE INCREASES BY VEHICLE LINE
Effective December 23, 2020

Lincoln
21MY Corsair Increase All Series Prices $160 MSRP
21MY Aviator Increase Reserve Prices $170 MSRP
21MY Aviator Increase Grand Touring Prices $170 MSRP
21MY Aviator Increase Black Label Prices $170 MSRP
21MY Aviator Increase Black Label Grand Touring Prices $170 MSRP

Was looking..last week; when, to clear out the 2020s Lincoln offered $4,000 in rebates and 0% for 48 months financing which got my interest up, but nothing meeting our needs was available.   I will be interested to see if the YTD sales figures  justify a price increase, or whether it will take more cash-back to ramp up sales.  Might be back looking when they have their next special event.   Nicest thing about not actually needing to buy, is the ability to wait them out...or buy something else.

1 hour ago, Going_Going_Gone said:

Was looking..last week; when, to clear out the 2020s Lincoln offered $4,000 in rebates and 0% for 48 months financing which got my interest up, but nothing meeting our needs was available.   I will be interested to see if the YTD sales figures  justify a price increase, or whether it will take more cash-back to ramp up sales.  Might be back looking when they have their next special event.   Nicest thing about not actually needing to buy, is the ability to wait them out...or buy something else.

The end-of-the-year sales push is one of the two biggest of the year with the other being the end of the Model Year. The end-of-the-year push is to generate as many sales as possible to close out the year while the end of the Model Year is to clear out inventory to make room for the incoming new vehicles. Traditionally, the incentives on the new Model Year vehicles are modest at best and don't really increase much until the old inventory is sold off. The Mid-Year Pricing Action is an annual event and is based on a lot of factors including increased production costs, supplier costs, competitors pricing actions, etc. 

Thanks for the clarification.  We learned our lesson about meager early model-year incentives when we ordered our Expedition the week the order banks opened...but sometimes you buy the exact vehicle you want at the time you need it and you take whatever discounts there are.  We have specific wants, but we don't need a new vehicle yet, now so time is on our side.  Lastly, the valuable information provided by members such as yourself, enables us to know more about the product than a typical salesperson usually does.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

DETAILS OF MID-YEAR PRICING ACTIONS
2021 and 2022 model Ford and Lincoln retail price changes are on Attachment I. Ford and Lincoln vehicle line Dealer Holdback, Dealer Discounts, and Ford vehicle's FDAF Contribution Amounts remain unchanged. New price lists will be posted on www.fmcdealer.com and prices will be available through CONCEPS on June 1, 2021.

EFFECTIVE DATE
Price and Dealer Invoice changes will be effective June 1, 2021.

PRICE PROTECTION
2021 & 2022 model units invoiced prior to June 1, 2021 will not be re-invoiced.

Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2021&2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before May 31, 2021, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before June 4, 2021.
• Fleet CPA or GPC orders will continue to be price protected to the individual customer’s contract agreement or bid date.

RETAIL PRICE INCREASES BY VEHICLE LINE
Effective June 1, 2021

Lincoln
21MY Corsair

• Increase Premium Package prices $750 MSRP
  • Increase Destination and Delivery prices $100 MSRP

21MY Nautilus

• Increase Reserve prices $140 MSRP
  • Increase Destination and Delivery prices $100 MSRP

21MY Aviator

• Increase Base prices $470 MSRP
  • Increase Livery prices $470 MSRP