Most Popular Color of 2020

As a youthful Oldsmobile fan, my two favorite colors from yesteryear are Mayfair Maize, a pale yellow from 1969, and Bittersweet from 1971.  My first NEW car was a 1971 Olds Cutlass hardtop in Bittersweet with Sienna interior.  I would have ordered it in yellow, but Olds didn't offer anything that I liked--until the following year.  Then 15- years of a variety of white vehicles followed by 21-years of red Ford trucks; but now both our vehicles are white: White Platinum Tricot and Pristine White.  Probably the best colors for Arizona as they don't show the dust much or get blistering hot.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I was in a local Ford dealers lot last weekend and 80% of the cars where a shade grey/white/silver

I do admit I like grey colors because they seem to show the lines of the car off the best and do a decent job of hiding things dirt wise. 

A lot of buyers buy white because it hides dirt.  Seems counterintuitive but it's true.  Dealers stock black, white and grey because that's mostly what buyers want.   Blue is still the most popular Bronco color though. 

20 hours ago, Going_Going_Gone said:

As a youthful Oldsmobile fan, my two favorite colors from yesteryear are Mayfair Maize, a pale yellow from 1969, and Bittersweet from 1971.  My first NEW car was a 1971 Olds Cutlass hardtop in Bittersweet with Sienna interior.  I would have ordered it in yellow, but Olds didn't offer anything that I liked--until the following year.  Then 15- years of a variety of white vehicles followed by 21-years of red Ford trucks; but now both our vehicles are white: White Platinum Tricot and Pristine White.  Probably the best colors for Arizona as they don't show the dust much or get blistering hot.

I had a 1972 Cutlass Supreme Holiday coupe in Sequoia Green with a light green vinyl top. It was a sharp car. 

When we were looking for a new car for my wife in 2016, the dealer had two off-lease 2014 Escapes. One was Ginger Ale Metallic, while the other was Sunset Orange. My wife preferred the Ginger Ale Metallic Escape, but the Sunset Orange (which I greatly preferred) had much lower mileage, so that the one is now in our driveway. Fortunately. 

17 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I was in a local Ford dealers lot last weekend and 80% of the cars where a shade grey/white/silver

I do admit I like grey colors because they seem to show the lines of the car off the best and do a decent job of hiding things dirt wise. 

It's what people that go into a lot are willing to buy, so that's what they'll stock.

17 hours ago, akirby said:

A lot of buyers buy white because it hides dirt.  Seems counterintuitive but it's true.

As a white car owner, this is definitely true. The real problem however, is dem bugs.

Anytime I go out towards the woods where my parents live, those bugs just splatter all over my front end like paint balls. Looks disgusting after just a trip or two.

1 hour ago, probowler said:

As a white car owner, this is definitely true. The real problem however, is dem bugs.

Anytime I go out towards the woods where my parents live, those bugs just splatter all over my front end like paint balls. Looks disgusting after just a trip or two.

The biggest problem I have is bird crap. It seems no matter where I park it's always where birds congregate, especially at work. It's way more noticeable now that I have a white car. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The biggest problem I have is bird crap. It seems no matter where I park it's always where birds congregate, especially at work. It's way more noticeable now that I have a white car. 

Normally, I like to park under trees, especially in the summer, but when the grackles are in town, there are certain tree-shaded spaces in local parking lots where you don't park if you don't want to come back to an off-white car. The color of the spaces themselves show you what color your car will be.

You can always tell when people have been parking near mulberry trees, too. It's dang near impossible to get rid of those purple poop stains.