2020 f350 XL center console swap question

sshearer347

I just purchased a 2020 F350 XL and ended up not liking the jump seat. So I found a 2019 F150 XLT center console and installed it. Only one minor issue I'm trying to resolve. On the rear of the console there is a cigarette lighter and 2 USB jacks. I ordered the console wiring harness part number KL3Z-14A318-N and plugged everything in. I hooked the wiring harness to the plug on the floor and the rear USB and cigarette lighter still won't power anything (phones, etc.). Anyone have a pinout diagram for the floor plug for the 2020 F350 XL so I can see if the wiring harness I bought isn't pinned correctly for the plug? I'm scratching my head on this one. I'm wondering if the center console wiring harness for the 2020 is actually pinned differently than the 2019 F150. 

Edited by sshearer347

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could be as simple as having the dealership go into the computer and "tell" it to turn on the power to the 12V outlet and the USB plugs.

On my 2005 F150, when I added the steering wheel switches and plug harness for cruise control, a trip to the dealer was needed to "tell" the computer to turn on the speed control.

Edited by twintornados

• 1 month later...

Found my fix. Thought I would post for others. I purchased the center console harness for the 2020 and it wouldn't power the rear seat usb, the rear cigarette lighter or the cigarette lighter inside the console door. Fyi the console is from a 2019. I found the the ground pin in the harness was not pinned to connect with the ground pin in the trucks harness. Moved this one pin and everything lit up and started working. 

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...