Detroit Free Press - No. 1 Ford Dealer

I've bought vehicles from Bill Brown and they do a lot of fleet sales. However, Mullinax Ford near Orlando is in a league of its own as far as size, inventory, as it's so big you need a golf cart just to peruse its property. Don't know its sales, but inventory is endless. Biggest dealership I've ever seen. 

59 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I've bought vehicles from Bill Brown and they do a lot of fleet sales. However, Mullinax Ford near Orlando is in a league of its own as far as size, inventory, as it's so big you need a golf cart just to peruse its property. Don't know its sales, but inventory is endless. Biggest dealership I've ever seen. 

Bill Brown is actually one of the smaller dealers around here in terms of sheer size of their lot. 

I'm in the northern suburbs of Orlando (Seminole County) and "Mullinax Ford" constantly touts itself as being #1 Ford dealer in FL.  It's in Apopka, which I can't really explain other than, its not a "Well to do" city but I figure they are on the fringe of metropolitan Orlando, and rural Lake County and other nearby areas. I''ve been there a few times for friends, and if it's TRUCKS that's where to go, but can't say I've had direct interactions.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

I'm in the northern suburbs of Orlando (Seminole County) and "Mullinax Ford" constantly touts itself as being #1 Ford dealer in FL.  It's in Apopka, which I can't really explain other than, its not a "Well to do" city but I figure they are on the fringe of metropolitan Orlando, and rural Lake County and other nearby areas. I''ve been there a few times for friends, and if it's TRUCKS that's where to go, but can't say I've had direct interactions.

I've been there.many times on the way to Altamonte Springs and they have many hundreds of every Ford vehicle, but yes they do big time truck fleet sales. The sales guy there said they are major seller to utility companies in area. 

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Mullinax Ford near Orlando is in a league of its own as far as size, inventory, as it's so big you need a golf cart just to peruse its property. Don't know its sales, but inventory is endless. Biggest dealership I've ever seen. 

Wow, the location in Apopka as ANTAUS mentioned in huge indeed! 

zGJIo10ISxqgO1j1DHAw_Lot_shot_night4cr.j

27 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Wow, the location in Apopka as ANTAUS mentioned in huge indeed! 

zGJIo10ISxqgO1j1DHAw_Lot_shot_night4cr.j

Over 2,000 vehicles. Lots of Ford retirees in general area. And Mullinax has other locations. This is their big one. I believe over 4,000 vehicles at all their locations. A real maga dealer.

• Like 1

I would imagine Bill Brown outsells Mullinax because Metro Detroit is much bigger, home of Ford, and Metro Detroit buys more domestic autos than most places. But Mullinax is bigger and has room for more inventory which is filled up. Central Florida is definitely not Ford territory excepting FSeries. 

Around here, mostly Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, Lexus, and Honda. I like owning a new Escape because you don't see yourself coming and going. Ditto when I owned a Crosstrek. Rav 4's are like NYC taxi cabs here. Or like Taurus in Detroit back in the 90's.

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

I would imagine Bill Brown outsells Mullinax because Metro Detroit is much bigger, home of Ford, and Metro Detroit buys more domestic autos than most places. But Mullinax is bigger and has room for more inventory which is filled up. Central Florida is definitely not Ford territory excepting FSeries. 

Around here, mostly Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, Lexus, and Honda. I like owning a new Escape because you don't see yourself coming and going. Ditto when I owned a Crosstrek. Rav 4's are like NYC taxi cabs here. Or like Taurus in Detroit back in the 90's.

It's crazy Bill Brown does as well as they do. They don't have a very big lot, they don't spend a ton of money on advertising, and they’re not in a terribly convenient location. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's crazy Bill Brown does as well as they do. They don't have a very big lot, they don't spend a ton of money on advertising, and they’re not in a terribly convenient location. 

It looks like Bill Brown Ford has a very good reputation for customer service. They also do business with a lot of Ford employees, suppliers, family members, and retirees. Those are the most loyal, "sheeple" type customers out there, and with A/X/Z plan, they'll get the same price no matter which dealership from which they buy their Ford car or truck. So might as well choose a dealership that's known for treating its customers and its community well. Bill Brown Ford does just that.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

There are s lot of Ford employees living in Livonia, Northville, Plymouth, Plymouth Township, Northville Township, Canton, and Canton Township.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

I would imagine Bill Brown outsells Mullinax because Metro Detroit is much bigger, home of Ford, and Metro Detroit buys more domestic autos than most places.

All true statements, but there must be a couple DOZEN Ford dealers in the Metro Detroit area.  I can think of 4 or 5 within a 30 minute drive.  I live less than a mile from Bill Brown Ford but I bought my last car from Village Ford a much smaller dealer.

13 hours ago, rperez817 said:

It looks like Bill Brown Ford has a very good reputation for customer service. 

I gave my neighbor (a widow) X-Plan.  Bill Brown DELIVERED her new car (her only requirement was model and color), brought all the paperwork to her house where she signed it and drove her trade in away !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theoldwizard1 said:

I gave my neighbor (a widow) X-Plan.  Bill Brown DELIVERED her new car (her only requirement was model and color), brought all the paperwork to her house where she signed it and drove her trade in away !

Bill Brown Ford didn't do anything different than most dealerships are doing. The Covid-19 situation has changed the business model for dealership operations and Ford has an incentive program in place that pays dealerships for remote sales.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theoldwizard1 said:

My new dealer (Szott out in Holly) does that too. It's super convenient. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theoldwizard1 said:

All true statements, but there must be a couple DOZEN Ford dealers in the Metro Detroit area.  I can think of 4 or 5 within a 30 minute drive.  I live less than a mile from Bill Brown Ford but I bought my last car from Village Ford a much smaller dealer.

I got my Ford from Bill Brown and had it serviced at Blackwell Ford in Plymouth for convenience.

I still remember the "prepped" area behind Bill Brown showroom where the sold vehicles were parked. During peak times there would be at least 50 new vehicles going out of there everyday...many of them with tag numbers on the stickers. 

Bill Brown also bought the old Terrace Theater down Plymouth Rd. and used the theater as a used vehicle showroom and the lot for preowned, certified used Ford vehicles.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Bill Brown Ford didn't do anything different than most dealerships are doing. The Covid-19 situation has changed the business model for dealership operations and Ford has an incentive program in place that pays dealerships for remote sales.

Yep, Key Scales Ford out of Leesburg, FL delivered our new Escape to our house and went through the vehicle with us. Even gave us some gifts for purchasing from them.

16 hours ago, rperez817 said:

It looks like Bill Brown Ford has a very good reputation for customer service. They also do business with a lot of Ford employees, suppliers, family members, and retirees. Those are the most loyal, "sheeple" type customers out there, and with A/X/Z plan, they'll get the same price no matter which dealership from which they buy their Ford car or truck. So might as well choose a dealership that's known for treating its customers and its community well. Bill Brown Ford does just that.

They have great sales crew that have been there for decades. Still remember mine who sent me notes regularly for years. Now the porters there are a different story. Once saw a porter RIP off the side of a new Ford driving it into service area and acted like nothing happened. Saw a lot of cringe worthy driving by porters there as most days its super busy there. No excuse for that recklessness though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Well if "commercial vehicles" mean that much to Jim Farley, his two biggest volume dealers have not received that message-at least judging by their respective websites and what they have  for "commercial" inventory.  They haven't even included F-600 as a listed vehicle.  Guess they are slow in updating.

Jeez Bob, don't you think that most commercial buyers want to deal with a dealership that "speaks" work trucks and up-fitting, not necessarily a dealership that sells the most SUV's?

HRG

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Jeez Bob, don't you think that most commercial buyers want to deal with a dealership that "speaks" work trucks and up-fitting, not necessarily a dealership that sells the most SUV's?

HRG

Oh agree 100%-just being my usual cynical self? when it comes to Ford commercial truck marketing.   But I did expect to see some commercial presence.