2021 Ford Explorer Timberline Prototypes Spied

• 2 months later...

The grill shape looks worlds better without having those stupid points under the headlights.  Not sure why the bar is needed across the front though.  

And the fog lights seem almost reduced in size from where they should be.  Like a reducer was used.  You’d think for a more off road geared vehicle they would have bigger fogs. I wonder if that’s due in part to our grossly out of date federal lighting standards.  

15 minutes ago, FR739 said:

The grill shape looks worlds better without having those stupid points under the headlights.  Not sure why the bar is needed across the front though.  

And the fog lights seem almost reduced in size from where they should be.  Like a reducer was used.  You’d think for a more off road geared vehicle they would have bigger fogs. I wonder if that’s due in part to our grossly out of date federal lighting standards.  

I’ve actually got used to the grille shape and kinda like it now. In my opinion, the ST grille looks 100x better than the timberlines.Ford_Explorer_Timberline_001.jpg

2020-ford-explorer-st-112-1547423091.jpg

I think the smaller grille and fog lights just give the timberline a much less aggressive face. Seems like it belongs on the base explorer.

Edited by T-dubz

4 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I’ve actually got used to the grille shape and kinda like it now. In my opinion, the ST grille looks 100x better than the timberlines.Ford_Explorer_Timberline_001.jpg

2020-ford-explorer-st-112-1547423091.jpg

I think the smaller grille and fog lights just give the timberline a much less aggressive face. Seems like it belongs on the base explorer.

I've always felt the 2020 had puffy cheeks with how the aero openings are there on the corners outside the foglights, and havne't liked how inboard the foglights sit.

I don't like the grille insert on the Timberline, but I think the rest of it is cleaned up .

On 12/23/2020 at 6:22 AM, FR739 said:

Is this new front fascia across the entire lineup?   I love that they fixed the grill corners going under the headlights but they really need to do something about the rear end.  It literally looks like they forgot to style it.  

Other than that I don’t get the hype.  I don’t think some fat tires like the police vehicles have and a red accent strip makes this any more of an off-roader.  You’d think they would continued the Tremor theme.  You’ve already got brand value with the name.  

Exactly. This just looks like the unmarked law enforcement models- wonder if Isuzu still owns the Trooper trademark? personally, I'll be glad when all this grey scale and black everywhere trend is done.