Mystery Ford: Fun Holiday Guessing

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Subaru is a niche market and I’m not 100% convinced that Fords strengths would allow it to play to win in this market. This isn’t the Bronco or Bronco Sport going against Jeep or Ford introducing the Maverick in the compact truck market. 

Subaru is no longer a niche player in the US. That ended 10 years ago.

It isn't Mitsubishi.

• Like 3

I think that it could have a healthy market position if they get the details right.  I'm unashamedly a mourner for the Flex, and would love an AWD car with low load-in and plenty of interior space.  If I want off road ability, I'm willing to pay for another vehicle that's suited for that duty.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2020 at 8:37 AM, silvrsvt said:

There's been rumors we might not even see it. 

IMO the $20-40K range for Ford (at least in NA) might be overstaturated in the next few years when it comes to product. I'm not exactly sure how a wagon (which isn't very popular form factor in NA) is going to help, outside of keeping the Fusion name alive here. 

Ford never said it was making a wagon. That was pure conjecture from the internet. It was always supposed to be a CUV.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 9:51 AM, Footballfan said:

This vehicle looks like it has a pretty substantial tunnel.  Could it be RWD CD6 based?

Unlikely... Ford cancelled all future CD6 development a while ago.

BTW, if this is indeed the Mondeo/Fusion CUV, then it makes a lot of sense why Ford cancelled the CD6 and then the C2 Edge. It is too much overlap. Globally, Ford will end up with 6 midsize utility - granted some of them are targeted regionally but you can see how the dollars are stretched a bit thin: 

1. Edge (N America, S America, China, Middle East)
  2. Mondeo/Fusion (N America, China, Europe)
  3. Equator (China... and?)
  4. Everest (China, Asia Pacific, Africa)
  5. Bronco (N America, Middle East... and?)
  6. MACH E (N America, China, Europe... Asia Pac eventually)
Edited by bzcat

On 12/26/2020 at 10:48 AM, T-dubz said:

Ford authority is saying this is the next fusion/mondeo. Now the question is, will this interior make it to the US version?

I thought Ford was doing a lifted Fusion/Mondeo wagon to take on Outback, not another cookie cutter CUV Venza lookalike.

On 12/28/2020 at 7:01 PM, bzcat said:

Ford never said it was making a wagon. That was pure conjecture from the internet. It was always supposed to be a CUV.

I guess the fact they have been using a cut up Focus estate/wagon for the early mules led most to assume it would be an estate/wagon once it reached production

fusionxsuv.mule07.jpg?itok=bKqNr97J[/img]

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 4:59 PM, JTL2017 said:

Should’ve reserved that type of screen display for future Lincoln products. I think a display similar to what we see here will fit well in Lincoln’s design language.

My guess is it will be the Corsair display in North America, as the Edge gets the "halfway across" screen. Overall, the vehicle is probably the Chinese market BEV, as their electrification mandates in urban areas are much more pervasive there. I would speculate that most manufacturers building light vehicles for the Chinese market are winding down ICE vehicle development.