Front Park Assist sensors blocked error

My local dealer is telling me “Ford Engineering is working on this problem”. That answer does not make sense. I’m looking for other owners who may have experienced or are experiencing this issue. An annoying error message pops up on the 12” LCD dash panel and a different error screen pops up on the center console tablet. This happens randomly and often. There are no tones when you approach an object at the front, just the blocked sensor error message. Everyone on this forum knows how much this vehicle costs. I need a plan to get this Explorer repaired and I’m reaching out for suggestions.

ED4E5AFA-B7AD-4771-B0FD-A6C9ED7E64CD.jpeg

9691E054-0049-49D2-B489-F7B3AF5D1AAC.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but the SSM referenced ties the technician's hands until engineering comes up with a solution. My guess is there will be YET ANOTHER reprogram. 2020's are a nightmare that Ford keeps updating software over and over. For the time being, make sure all the silicone surrounds are in place around the sensor itself between it and the plastic outer and there are NO other contaminants there. Had one that had a snow brush bristle stuck there and causing a problem. 

IF the tech might got lucky and was able to find an individual sensor issue, repairing it with a KNOWN "engineering is investigating" will probably get the claim bounced. 

Likely if there is an SSM and Ford Engineering is working on a solution, it likely means that there isn't any troubleshooting that any tech could do that would lead to a solution.  It likely is a software problem as YT90SC said or an unanticipated hardware issue that they weren't monitoring.  In either case it will likely result in a software change that will at least monitor the relevant hardware to watch for the failure, or if it is pure software they may be in process of validating the code to fix it.  All of that takes time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update, picked up my Platinum Explorer today. After two days of troubleshooting, the problem was a bad sensor on the front bumper outboard position.  Ford Engineering stepped in and helped them through the pin out inspection ultimately identifying the bad part. They also flashed modules as required. Fingers crossed this will be my only electronic issue and hopefully my only service issue going forward. I love this car!

8309B960-DE5D-4C0B-8A9C-A814D05C7EDC.jpeg