Free Press F-150 repair article

19 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Another example of the Free Press being garbage. 

The quality of the press in general is abysmal.  There used to be editors and fact checkers to actually catch mistakes like that.  Now it is whatever they can crank out to generate revenue from clicks.  Doesn’t matter if it is accurate, just that it sells.

• Like 2

I seriously hate the UAW, i'm stereotyping but as someone who used to work as an engineer at Ford and visited their plants across multiple continents for launches the UAW workers are the absolutely the worst. The Mexican and china workers are infinitely better so I don't blame ford 1 bit. This idiot "Scott Sawatzke" saying misinformation to the media is why he and all his UAW numbskulls will be out of a job in a few years. I really think all the Detroit OEMs who have union workers all have a death sentence because they are going to get crushed by new players who dont have to deal with the stupidity, corruptness, and laziness of the UAW. 

Edited by averagengineer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Another example of the Free Press being garbage. 

The TDM photos have been updated. The article, like all of Phoebe Wall Howard's, is excellent.

58445816-869d-4f79-a821-db37660170a2-For

604478c0-5490-4601-ac14-0ed2bab2730f-For

94314c9a-7cb5-4639-92e6-cecd7a520aad-For

652e1649-d6ba-41c6-adff-0fbc3c76426a-For

1d26fb58-fc78-4aa6-864e-1a4f20f714bc-For

976a9037-d57f-4880-bd56-a5bef699a611-For

5df988e8-494c-4bec-b964-1c738faad345-For

1da89017-cc17-4d8e-bd22-5b809f76d87f-For

5 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

What do people see in these things? They're so ugly. Those fenders are ridiculous, the roof is swooped and dripping with estrogen. I haven't seen an abomination like this since the 1998 F-150.

2 hours ago, averagengineer said:

I seriously hate the UAW, i'm stereotyping but as someone who used to work as an engineer at Ford and visited their plants across multiple continents for launches the UAW workers are the absolutely the worst. The Mexican and china workers are infinitely better so I don't blame ford 1 bit. This idiot "Scott Sawatzke" saying misinformation to the media is why he and all his UAW numbskulls will be out of a job in a few years. I really think all the Detroit OEMs who have union workers all have a death sentence because they are going to get crushed by new players who dont have to deal with the stupidity, corruptness, and laziness of the UAW. 

I unwittingly stumbled upon a den of union workers on facebook the other day.... they don't like it when you don't worship the great historical accomplishments they've achieved. Very unpleasant individuals.

Seems like the whole article is just a sensenatized hit piece trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. 

Ford is being overly cautious with the F-150 to avoid what happened to the Explorer and I’ll assume they do the same with the Bronco because of the microscope that program has on it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Seems like the whole article is just a sensenatized hit piece trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. 

Ford is being overly cautious with the F-150 to avoid what happened to the Explorer and I’ll assume they do the same with the Bronco because of the microscope that program has on it. 

THANK YOU! This is what I was saying the other day. I do have a problem with them using an outside company to do this though, since FRAP has been down for the holidays since last Wednesday. Other than trying to save money I don't see a reason why they couldn't canvass FRAP workers for volunteers to work over the holidays to get this done. 

8 hours ago, probowler said:

I unwittingly stumbled upon a den of union workers on facebook the other day.... they don't like it when you don't worship the great historical accomplishments they've achieved. Very unpleasant individuals.

We have Ford employees here - let’s knock off the union bashing.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, akirby said:

We have Ford employees here - let’s knock off the union bashing.

I'm not a UAW fan, even though I was a Business Agent for 8 years (IATSE - International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees) but agree, out of respect for the Ford employees here, that this is not the place for union bashing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I do have a problem with them using an outside company to do this though, since FRAP has been down for the holidays since last Wednesday. Other than trying to save money I don't see a reason why they couldn't canvass FRAP workers for volunteers to work over the holidays to get this done. 

The Free Press article says the TDM facility at 22400 Vreeland Road is a "a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford". Is this not the case?

The product is "too soft" for a truck...this current design philosophy has permiated throughout the product mix....it is simply not "youthful"....the product out the barn door at ford i am seriusly questioning as even being "below average"....it just junk and ford needs to begin to take quality seriously...