Electrify America site delivers a slow flow to a Ford Mustang Mach-E

Needs to be addressed quickly. Tesla Y close in price and capabilities. Reliability should favor Ford, but being the 1st "true" BEV from Ford, not a guarantee. I have seen Tesla superchargers even here in the Midwest. Anytime I comment on BEV charging speed, some "Teslarati" comments that it is faster than I calculate. Since perception is reality in this game, we need some "delighted and surprised" early adopters.  

So one guy has a bad experience at Electrify America charging station and now it's the gospel. I hate the internet. I got bad gas at BP once, FORD NEEDS TO FIX THAT OR ELSE!!!!

Seriously, is this really a problem? Have there been other reports of this happening? If not, this is just hyperbole that is click bait. Fear mongering to paint Ford and Electrify America in a bad light. Yet, people act like the sky is falling. If it's a widespread issue with the Electrify America charging stations, then yes it's bad. However, until someone tells me this is a wide spread problem this is much ado about nothing.

• Like 1

You would think a lot of gas stations would start putting in a couple electric charging stations and charge a nominal rate. In the long run, would probably turn profitable and offer real convenience to electric vehicle drivers as more and more appear on the road. 

And since many gas stations are mini marts, pulling in more BEVs will help their market revenue.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

You would think a lot of gas stations would start putting in a couple electric charging stations and charge a nominal rate. In the long run, would probably turn profitable and offer real convenience to electric vehicle drivers as more and more appear on the road. 

And since many gas stations are mini marts, pulling in more BEVs will help their market revenue.

Oh because people just love to eat mini mart food. LOL

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Yes and Travel Centers are really busy.

21 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

So one guy has a bad experience at Electrify America charging station and now it's the gospel. I hate the internet. I got bad gas at BP once, FORD NEEDS TO FIX THAT OR ELSE!!!!

Seriously, is this really a problem? Have there been other reports of this happening? If not, this is just hyperbole that is click bait. Fear mongering to paint Ford and Electrify America in a bad light. Yet, people act like the sky is falling. If it's a widespread issue with the Electrify America charging stations, then yes it's bad. However, until someone tells me this is a wide spread problem this is much ado about nothing.

It helps to read the article before you freak out.  From the article:

Of course, one driver’s experience at one bank of chargers isn’t an indictment of the entire network that Ford has partnered with...”

And nobody has said that Ford specifically needs to fix this.  Not me, not the article, and not paintguy. 

Secondly, yes this is a problem if it’s widespread.  EVs come with many compromises and recharging the battery is probably the biggest one.  In a related story:

https://insideevs.com/news/460919/canada-tesla-driver-failed-supercharge-30c-weather/

• Like 1

Main point is managing perception. Ford actually does a good job with hybrid vehicles. (Yes, I have had experience with Ford and Toyota hybrids) You would not know that in public opinion. Perception of Ford as a BEV producer, or BEVs other than Tesla as serious transportation is nil. ICE vehicles have a fully developed infrastructure. BEVs do not. Much automotive advertising sells the "go anywhere, anytime" dream. Whether we need it or not is irrelevant.