Next-Gen Ford Mondeo, Fusion Crossover Leaked Online

Thanks for posting ice-capades, Fusion crossover is certainly taking on more of the Edge's overall shape.

This is clever,

A crossover that potentially covers most  Fusion and Edge buyers, no weight penalty thanks to C2 and made in Mexico.

The other side of this, will there be a C2 Lincoln Nautilus based on the above?

Maybe get the rest of those photos before Ford gets them taken down

Edited by jpd80

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Thanks for posting ice-capades, Fusion crossover is certainly taking on more of the Edge's overall shape.

This is clever,

A crossover that potentially covers most  Fusion and Edge buyers, no weight penalty thanks to C2 and made in Mexico.

I think the Nautilus just continues with the Edge electric.

I would actually want Lincoln to take the smaller BS C2 platform for a sub-Corsair crossover.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

I think the Nautilus just continues with the Edge electric.

I would actually want Lincoln to take the smaller BS C2 platform for a sub-Corsair crossover.

Nothing out of Oakville after Mid 2023 until the electrics in 2025, that's about two years in Ford speak

So would Ford consider importing Nautilus from Chyna or have another local offering ready to go?

Edited by jpd80

In any event, it'll be interesting to see what Ford reveals regarding actual plans for the Edge/Nautilus and the Mondeo/Fusion and how those vehicles are positioned in the North America, European and Chinese markets. And as those plans are announced we'll really see what the transition to BEV vehicles is going to look like. The market reaction to the Mustang Mach-E will be the first step until we know more about Ford's plans for BEV development, new models and progress at Lincoln.  

Whilst we obviously can't see the details with this camo.................one thing I will say, the Mondeo/Fusion (we also got the Mondeo estate) was a superb looking car, relatively low and sleek in a world where every other car is a bland, high-waisted SUV. This looks to be just another blob which. Its getting to the point that without seeing the name badge, its difficult to tell these things apart :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, probowler said:

I guess I just don't see where an overgrown Fusion fits in a world that already has the ecosport, the escape, the explorer, but specifically the edge.

Because the next generation Edge will EV-only, this will be ICE powered

19 hours ago, jpd80 said:

This is clever,

According to the Ford Authority article, this crossover will be built in the United States.  Flat Rock perhaps?