The End of The Edge

Jimm44

17 minutes ago, Jimm44 said:

Being that Ford will not be producing a 2021 Edge I imagine that they will not put much effort into “fixing” the low speed shift problem in my 2019. Funny thing is that CR rated the Edge has the most reliable Ford. Oh woe is me!

Citation please. What makes you think there will be no MY 2021 Edge's?

HRG

When you google “2021 Ford Edge Production” you get a lot of advertisement type articles from late October. In addition there are quite a few statements to the effect that the Edge will not be produced. When I put that together with the fact that it is almost January and most other companies have had there ‘21s out for 2 months I come to the conclusion that there will be no Edge. If I am mistaken I will immediately come back here and retract my words. Let me go investigate further.

54 minutes ago, Jimm44 said:

When you google “2021 Ford Edge Production” you get a lot of advertisement type articles from late October. In addition there are quite a few statements to the effect that the Edge will not be produced. When I put that together with the fact that it is almost January and most other companies have had there ‘21s out for 2 months I come to the conclusion that there will be no Edge. If I am mistaken I will immediately come back here and retract my words. Let me go investigate further.

There's no need to "investigate" your claims further that there will be no 2021 Ford Edge as all the facts are readily available here on the BOF. Since you've chosen to ignore the information available here at BOF in numerous forums and threads, I'll make it easy for you by attaching the relevant documents. 

• 2021 Edge Order Guide - 11/09/2020
  • 2021 Edge Production Schedule
    • 10/28/2020 - 2021MY Edge Order Bank Open Date
    • 11/19/2020 - 2021MY Edge Scheduling Begins
    • 01/25/2021 - 2021MY Edge Job #1 Date
  • 2021 Edge - Dealer Invoice 

2FMPK4K90MBA00088_Invoice.pdf

2021 Edge Order Guide.pdf

FDNB_2051_2020-12-18_2021 Edge Production Schedule.pdf

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

There's no need to "investigate" your claims further that there will be no 2021 Ford Edge as all the facts are readily available here on the BOF. Since you've chosen to ignore the information available here at BOF in numerous forums and threads, I'll make it easy for you by attaching the relevant documents. 

• 2021 Edge Order Guide - 11/09/2020
  • 2021 Edge Production Schedule
    • 10/28/2020 - 2021MY Edge Order Bank Open Date
    • 11/19/2020 - 2021MY Edge Scheduling Begins
    • 01/25/2021 - 2021MY Edge Job #1 Date
  • 2021 Edge - Dealer Invoice 

2FMPK4K90MBA00088_Invoice.pdf

2021 Edge Order Guide.pdf

FDNB_2051_2020-12-18_2021 Edge Production Schedule.pdf

That invoice looks pretty darn close to what I want, except diff exterior color.  Completely bummed that they didn't start production sooner.  Now I'll have to wait until after tax season to enjoy a new one.  Maybe by then they will announce a hybrid and I can get exactly what I want. :)

13 minutes ago, bgibso01 said:

That invoice looks pretty darn close to what I want, except diff exterior color.  Completely bummed that they didn't start production sooner.  Now I'll have to wait until after tax season to enjoy a new one.  Maybe by then they will announce a hybrid and I can get exactly what I want. :)

Forget about waiting for an Edge Hybrid. It won't happen for this generation and the next Edge is expected to be a BEV. 

There is no need to be snarky Ice Capades. I own a Ford and I was not trying to take you or the company down. What  I was repeating is what I have read. In reference to your production info....yes I read it but have you ever known a company to put out info to cover their butts? No, I never noticed it in my 45 years of corporate life either (sarcasm).

Sorry, I stepped on your toes. Thank you for posting what you believe is the truth. Now if I could only get Ford to fix my transmission!

27 minutes ago, Jimm44 said:

There is no need to be snarky Ice Capades. I own a Ford and I was not trying to take you or the company down. What  I was repeating is what I have read. In reference to your production info....yes I read it but have you ever known a company to put out info to cover their butts? No, I never noticed it in my 45 years of corporate life either (sarcasm).

Sorry, I stepped on your toes. Thank you for posting what you believe is the truth. Now if I could only get Ford to fix my transmission!

Seriously?  Ford does not publish job 1 dates that aren’t going to happen.  Dealers and suppliers have to plan inventory and ordering.    To even suggest that Ford would lie about it is ridiculous.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bgibso01 said:

Gosh, what ever happened to Christmas miracles. :(  Although I'm sure you are right.  I feel like Goldilocks, the Escape is too small, the Explorer is too large and the Edge is just right.  Might have to look around after tax season and see what else is out there.

Since Dealers are starting to post window stickers for in-bound 21's, have you talked to a local dealer to see what they have on order, and let you know when it arrives?  Also, with online ordering and at-home delivery, how does the upcoming "tax season" enter into the equation?

HRG

On 12/26/2020 at 7:49 PM, Jimm44 said:

Being that Ford will not be producing a 2021 Edge I imagine that they will not put much effort into “fixing” the low speed shift problem in my 2019. Funny thing is that CR rated the Edge has the most reliable Ford. Oh woe is me!

What issues are you having? Which engine/trans? 

Edited by YT90SC

On 12/27/2020 at 6:43 PM, HotRunrGuy said:

Since Dealers are starting to post window stickers for in-bound 21's, have you talked to a local dealer to see what they have on order, and let you know when it arrives?  Also, with online ordering and at-home delivery, how does the upcoming "tax season" enter into the equation?

HRG

Good question HRG.  My tax season consists of 15 weeks of 60-70+ hours (CPA firm), so no time to enjoy it until after April 15th.