Fiat Guts U.S. Lineup, Only The 500X Will Remain For 2021

Dequindre

The 2021 500X will be the only Fiat offered in America as the 124 Spider and 500L are being discontinued. This follows the death of the 500 in 2019 and leaves the brand seemingly destined to leave the United States in the future.

That remains to be seen, but their soon to be sole remaining product – the 500X – only racked up 1,130 sales in the first three quarters of 2020. Even before the coronavirus pandemic, 500X sales plummeted to 2,518 units in 2019.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/12/fiat-guts-u-s-lineup-only-the-500x-will-remain-for-2021/

On 12/28/2020 at 12:59 PM, rmc523 said:

They're ugly and small, not a good combo for the US market (well, some vehicles inexplicably overcome the ugly part).

There's at least 1 in Alaska. I know that because I was so shocked to see one in person that it really made an impression.

Couldn't tell you what model it was, but it's on my list of other rare auto sightings here, which includes 1 Dodge Viper, 1 Ford GT, and 1 Delorean.

6 hours ago, sullynd said:

The 500x is a Fiat version of the Renegade, isn’t it?

It is. I think if FCA had a do-over, they would have never launched Fiat as a standalone brand in the US. They could have just sold Fiat 500 in select Chrysler dealers, sort of like a sub-brand - e.g. how Scion was sold in select Toyota dealers. And 500X could have easily been called Dodge Hornet or Chrysler Sundance or whatever. 

Edited by bzcat

18 hours ago, bzcat said:

It is. I think if FCA had a do-over, they would have never launched Fiat as a standalone brand in the US. They could have just sold Fiat 500 in select Chrysler dealers, sort of like a sub-brand - e.g. how Scion was sold in select Toyota dealers. And 500X could have easily been called Dodge Hornet or Chrysler Sundance or whatever. 

Or the new PT cruiser.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 11:05 PM, bzcat said:

I think if I remember my timing of Fiat coming to the US...it was just after gas spiked to $4-5 at the time, so its future looked bright, but the market was also shifting to CUVs at the same time. 

• 3 weeks later...

"...if FCA had a do-over, they would have never launched Fiat as a standalone brand in the US..."

Then, what would 'F' in FCA mean? FCA is used over and over to mean Mopar and will most likely stick around, like DSM for Mitsubishi cars.

Now the company stock market name is STLA. 

Edited by 630land

32 minutes ago, 630land said:

"...if FCA had a do-over, they would have never launched Fiat as a standalone brand in the US..."

Then, what would 'F' in FCA mean? FCA is used over and over to mean Mopar and will most likely stick around, like DSM for Mitsubishi cars.

Now the company stock market name is STLA. 

FCA still would have been the parent company, whether they sold Fiat in the US or not.