2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Scooped With Striking New Design

Dequindre

On 12/31/2020 at 7:59 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I was posting under the assumption that it was no longer BOF. I can't remember who it was but someone said last year that it was now cost prohibitive to do BOF so they stretched the Grand Cherokee platform for it. 

Grand Wagoneer is BOF (Ram based as noted earlier). Grand Cherokee is unibody.

The interior is done right....ford simply cannot get an interior done right...i like the mazda cx5 interior as well but want to still see mazda integrate the tv screen...the "flow" just does not work well for me visually with the pop-up tv....jeep should sell many

12 minutes ago, snooter said:

The interior is done right....ford simply cannot get an interior done right...i like the mazda cx5 interior as well but want to still see mazda integrate the tv screen..

If you like the Jeep or the Mazda but want something nicer, what do they offer?  Nothing.  They (like Kia) don’t have a luxury brand to compete with.

It would be silly for Ford to do Aviator quality interiors on Explorer.

• Like 1

I've come to like the exterior of the current Explorer minus the ST and cop grill (square air intake) and bland tailgate.  The stance and profile is nice. On the interior, the IP is not competitive at all.  I was hoping one of these new off road versions would have some decent mechanicals like the GC for some light overlanding, beach duty or whatever.  It's got the bones and correct layout to do it.  Instead we get tow hooks, a stupid red trim bumper accent and OK tires.

So I'm not a target customer for an Explorer or even GC, I get it.  I have a killer Rubicon Jeep that goes off road once in a while.  I'd trade it for a 4 door Bronco after they finally sort out their stupid trims but sometimes its nice to buy a vehicle that has the capability and image even though you don't need it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buddysystem said:

I've come to like the exterior of the current Explorer minus the ST and cop grill (square air intake) and bland tailgate.  The stance and profile is nice. On the interior, the IP is not competitive at all.  I was hoping one of these new off road versions would have some decent mechanicals like the GC for some light overlanding, beach duty or whatever.  It's got the bones and correct layout to do it.  Instead we get tow hooks, a stupid red trim bumper accent and OK tires.

So I'm not a target customer for an Explorer or even GC, I get it.  I have a killer Rubicon Jeep that goes off road once in a while.  I'd trade it for a 4 door Bronco after they finally sort out their stupid trims but sometimes its nice to buy a vehicle that has the capability and image even though you don't need it.

Judging what the Timberline has before it's even revealed based on some pictures?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Anthony said:

That thing is good looking.  Immediately recognizable as a Grand Cherokee, but obviously all new too.  Nice evolution of the design.

I agree.  Absolutely stunning inside and out!  The interior is jaw dropping!

• Like 2