APIM Removal

CoreyKunak

47 minutes ago, CoreyKunak said:

Does anyone have the steps to remove the APIM from a 2020 or 2021 Aviator?

thanks 

Hi Corey. I am sure you have your reasons, but the question must be asked: Why wouldn't you have this type of work performed under the 4 year/50,000 mile New Car Warranty on your new 2020-2021 Aviator?

Again, I assume you know this would normally be covered under warranty and have your own reasons (which we do not know), but I wanted to play it safe and mention it.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

2 hours ago, CoreyKunak said:

Adding navigation. Is this something I can pay the dealer to do one I receive the new apim 

Hi Corey. Well, I would say probably not, but let's just say that may be a problem. Your Aviator is still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Car Warranty, so many/most Dealers may not be willing to do it, since it can put them in a bad position with Lincoln if you should have warranty claims later for SYNC and related systems. This is because the vehicle is warrantied as it came from the factory. If you modify it, those systems (in this case SYNC etc.) usually lose their warranty protections.

You can ask the Service Manager at your local Lincoln Dealers to see if one may be willing to do it. I find it better to stop by and ask as opposed to calling. Most people are more willing to go out of their way for a face, as opposed to a voice on the phone.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, DinoBronc said:

I agree that Apple CarPlay and Android Auto work well with Ford’s SYNC 3, but only in areas that have reasonable cellular service. SYNC 3 navigation pays for itself when you’re out of cellular range. 

You can still use Waze and probably google maps without cell service if you download the route first.  But sync 3 nav is easier and more foolproof.