6R140/10R140

4 hours ago, theoldwizard1 said:

Does anyone know WHY the 6R140 is still in production and being the only transmission available in so many different trucks ?

I would have thought the 6R140 would be dead and buried (not that it was a bad transmission) and the 10R140 would replace in all applications .

It is the sole transmission for 650/750?  

11 hours ago, theoldwizard1 said:

Does anyone know WHY the 6R140 is still in production and being the only transmission available in so many different trucks ?

I would have thought the 6R140 would be dead and buried (not that it was a bad transmission) and the 10R140 would replace in all applications .

Only gasoline F650 & F750. All they basically did was add the 7.3 where the 6.8 once was, minimum amount of change thing.

Combined sales of gasoline F650/F750 is under 1,000/mth so Ford is probably watching F600 sales to gauge any need for change.

Is there a case for merging F650 & F750 into one truck, an F700 or is that just nonsense?

Edited by jpd80

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Only gasoline F650 & F750. All they basically did was add the 7.3 where the 6.8 once was, minimum amount of change thing.

Combined sales of gasoline F650/F750 is under 1,000/mth so Ford is probably watching F600 sales to gauge any need for change.

Is there a case for merging F650 & F750 into one truck, an F700 or is that just nonsense?

I do believe JP also diesel 650/750.  As for merging the two (650/750) you can get a 750 with a 25,999 lb GVW.  I think that is just a game to avoid having a CDL driver and the truck is actually speced heavier than a 650 with the same plate rating.  Who would do that?  Guy who doesn't want to deal with CDL issues and is probably willing to take his chances and exceed his registered weight.