Empty Dealer Lots

ScottK1

I'm planning to order an F350, but I can't even look at features, Tremor trim, colors, or hardly anything because dealers in my area (Redmond, WA) have zero inventory of F250s or F350s, except for an occasional used model. 

So my question is, when is Ford going to start catching up and getting trucks onto dealer lots again?  Are plants running at full capacity?  I assume there will be no real incentives either, until lots start to fill up.  A $250 incentive is the only current incentive via Ford of Kirkland's x-plan pricing.  Why bother with $250 on an $82,000 truck.  I guess I have a reason to wait longer, anyhow, since I might as well see what they've done for 2022.  

I just hate the idea of ordering without ever seeing an actual truck with some of the options or color that I'm guessing I want.

Same at my small dealer here in northern Michigan, very few F-series on the lot.  Just one F-250 if I'm right.  December is typically a huge sales month for trucks, which is one reason there are so few around.  Trucks that were on the lot December 1st, are now gone.  Expect dealers to get more trucks in the first quarter.  

1 hour ago, ScottK1 said:

I'm planning to order an F350, but I can't even look at features, Tremor trim, colors, or hardly anything because dealers in my area (Redmond, WA) have zero inventory of F250s or F350s, except for an occasional used model. 

So my question is, when is Ford going to start catching up and getting trucks onto dealer lots again?  Are plants running at full capacity?  I assume there will be no real incentives either, until lots start to fill up.  A $250 incentive is the only current incentive via Ford of Kirkland's x-plan pricing.  Why bother with $250 on an $82,000 truck.  I guess I have a reason to wait longer, anyhow, since I might as well see what they've done for 2022.  

I just hate the idea of ordering without ever seeing an actual truck with some of the options or color that I'm guessing I want.

So none of these shown within 20 miles of 98008 (one of the Redmond WA zip codes) actually exist?

HRG

SD f-series 98008.JPG

7 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

So none of these shown within 20 miles of 98008 (one of the Redmond WA zip codes) actually exist?

HRG

SD f-series 98008.JPG

Some Dealers allow inventory "In Transit" to show in their online inventory but there should be a notice on their website identifying those units as being in transit. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ScottK1 said:

We our currently on Christmas shutdown.  We have been running at full capacity and working OT as long as we can get parts. I expect it will be the same when we return.Even the dealers around the plant are short on inventory.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, jniffen said:

The shortages are showing up with many things.

The computer industry is one affected as well.  We're planning to purchase 75 Lenovo All in One Units and it's at least 5 weeks delay.

This CV-19 has made a mess with everything.

Try getting appliances with so many people doing home remodeling projects thanks to the pandemic. I ordered new kitchen appliances on September 25th. Three of the appliances arrived 3 weeks ago but the side-by-side refrigerator with ice and water dispenser still hasn't arrived. Now I'm waiting for the refrigerator to come in so everything can be installed at the same time. Until then I'm stuck waiting to put the property on the market. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Try getting appliances with so many people doing home remodeling projects thanks to the pandemic. I ordered new kitchen appliances on September 25th. Three of the appliances arrived 3 weeks ago but the side-by-side refrigerator with ice and water dispenser still hasn't arrived. Now I'm waiting for the refrigerator to come in so everything can be installed at the same time. Until then I'm stuck waiting to put the property on the market. 

We tried to buy a freezer back in May.  Upright units were on back order for 6 months.  Got lucky and found a chest type in stock. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, akirby said:

We tried to buy a freezer back in May.  Upright units were on back order for 6 months.  Got lucky and found a chest type in stock. 

Yeah... a lot of people were buying freezers for additional food storage. Part of the impact of so many people working from home and the expectation of it being long term. 

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I was trying to help my Mom buy new appliances and have experienced the same thing. Very difficult to get what you are looking for in many cases.  

We are also trying to get a new home project off the ground and you don’t even want to know how badly the prices have increased in that area of the economy.  I picked a terrible time to transfer it appears?

23 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Some Dealers allow inventory "In Transit" to show in their online inventory but there should be a notice on their website identifying those units as being in transit. 

YUP...Funny how people will call and utilize apparent abundance to leverage negotiation when we show 35 Rangers in stock....when in actuality we have 7 with 28 incoming.....ahem....BUT BUT BUT its on the internet so must be true....

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 12:26 PM, HotRunrGuy said:

HRG

SD f-series 98008.JPG

They're not really there.  I should add that I've been working on this since August and the inventory problem has not improved.  I've stopped by dealers and had sales people almost laugh at me for thinking they have any.  They tell me they've had none since basically June.  Once in a while a dealer will call and leave a message that they've got one, but by the time I call back (within hours) they are gone already - and not one has been a Tremor.  Bottom line is I want to see a lineup of colors - mostly interested in velocity blue and rapid red - not these monochromatic non-colors.  I want to see them with and without blackout in Tremor trims.  Searching online in hopes of going to see them has been a futile waste of time for the past 5 months.   Thank you for the attempt at helping though.

Edited by ScottK1
word smithing

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

YUP...Funny how people will call and utilize apparent abundance to leverage negotiation when we show 35 Rangers in stock....when in actuality we have 7 with 28 incoming.....ahem....BUT BUT BUT its on the internet so must be true....

For the past few weeks my local dealer's website lists two Bronco Sports as "in stock."  But when I drive by their lot, or look in the showroom....nothing.  

And all I want to do is to sit in one and see if the BS can comfortably fit my 6'4" frame.

56 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

For the past few weeks my local dealer's website lists two Bronco Sports as "in stock."  But when I drive by their lot, or look in the showroom....nothing.  

And all I want to do is to sit in one and see if the BS can comfortably fit my 6'4" frame.

They’re demo units.  Probably loaned out for test drives.  Call the dealer.

12 hours ago, akirby said:

Most likely not the typical demo units but vehicles required to be put in service through the Ford Courtesy Transportation Program. They're to be used as loaners and/or demo units and must be in service for a specific term and/or mileage before being sold. 

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Most likely not the typical demo units but vehicles required to be put in service through the Ford Courtesy Transportation Program. They're to be used as loaners and/or demo units and must be in service for a specific term and/or mileage before being sold. 

Right,  they can’t sell them until they have 4k miles.

21 hours ago, akirby said:

Update on my quest to sit in a Bronco Sport.  I just drove by my dealer and, miracle of miracles, there's a BS parked in the showroom.  If they're open tomorrow, I'll stop by for a look.  And, surprisingly, I saw another Bronco Sport, with ordinary plates, not dealer plates, driving through town.  And fittingly, it was covered with a thick coat of road salt.  Welcome to Northern Michigan, Bronco Sport.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...