2018 Auto Hold

LHB

On 3/29/2021 at 1:44 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I turn my blinker on to exit the freeway and the damn lane departure warning tries to force me to steer in the opposite direction the off ramp is curving. Numerous times I'll be following the curve of the road and it will just randomly start fighting me to try to keep the wheel straight. Happens all the time so I just stopped using lane keep assist all together. I would honestly pay extra to have the option removed. 

At lest on my 2018, you can turn off the corrective steering force and just set it to vibrate for lane departure. That is what I do. Also, if you turn on your blinker, the lane departure feature should not be doing anything. That sounds like something is wrong.

1 hour ago, DCP said:

At lest on my 2018, you can turn off the corrective steering force and just set it to vibrate for lane departure. That is what I do. Also, if you turn on your blinker, the lane departure feature should not be doing anything. That sounds like something is wrong.

Also should note that the little button on the end if the Turn/Lane Change signal lever turns the Lane Departure system off/on.

20 hours ago, DCP said:

I just leave it off. It's not worth being without a car for however long it takes to diagnose and fix a potential problem with a feature I didn't even want in the first place. I don't care. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I used to use Auto hold every time I drove anywhere but recently I had to replace my rear brakes and rotors with only 37,000 miles on my 2018. Fronts still had 6/10 left. Once I stopped using auto hold every time I drove, my fuel economy increased by 2 mpg. Any thoughts on if the brakes aren’t fully disengaging once I start to drive again? Anybody else notice this?

On 3/28/2021 at 8:56 AM, akirby said:

It makes sense if you’re creeping along in stop and go traffic so you don’t have to keep your foot on the brake all the time.  

The adaptive cruise control can be quite helpful for these situations also.