hello

bill.s

17 hours ago, bill.s said:

new user.

moving from f-150 to superduty diesel.

any advice for the newbie diesel driver?

Welcome aboard!

Best advice: try not to get addicted to all that torque, otherwise your pocketbook will feel the pinch from buying all that diesel fuel! :)

Seriously though, just try to avoid short trips (5-6 miles) as much as possible as it will cause more regens and it won't be able to complete a regen.  Change your fuel filter regularly (15-20k mile intervals), don't accidentally put DEF or gasoline in the fuel tank, don't idle it too much, and put a load behind it now and then and it'll treat you well for many miles!  Don't stress about it much and just drive and enjoy it.  No need to baby it.

Forscan is cool.  Do some research on that and find ways to enable/disable lots of stuff for fun and usefulness.

Oh yeah, don't forget to try out the exhaust brake.  It's awesome, both with a trailer and without.  I use mine when driving in town unloaded as I don't use the brake pedal near as much and it gives a feel of driving a manual without the hassles.

Check out the diesel form at ford-trucks.com for lots of info.  I'm over there as the same username...drop in and say hi.

• Like 1