2022 Ford Mondeo/Fusion Replacement-Ford Evos

https://fordauthority.com/2021/01/2022-ford-fusion-crossover-prototype-spied-testing-for-the-first-time/

Cant get the pics to load for some reason. It looks to have an interesting shape. There’s some fake cladding on the back to disguise its shape, but you can see some of the camo underneath that. I kinda think it might have a 4 door coupe styling more than a wagon. This looks to be a different vehicle than what we saw last week.

edit: I thought this was different from last weeks pic, but maybe they are the same and it was the angles of the pics that made it look different.

Edited by T-dubz

3 hours ago, bzcat said:

I know people are excited to post new content but can we keep the relevant new posts in existing thread? So we don't lose all the previous discussions. Perhaps a mod can merge these threads. 

Are we sure that’s the same vehicle?  The dash is totally different.

16 hours ago, akirby said:

Are we sure that’s the same vehicle?  The dash is totally different.

The article linked in the OP has no clear photo of the interior, so which dash are you talking about being different?

Article even made reference to the leaked Chinese photos from the previous week

Those previous shots also revealed an interior design that’s a big departure from what we’re seeing in current Ford products. The prototype featured a large screen that spanned the entire width of the dashboard, which is similar to what Mercedes is doing with its new MBUX Hyperscreen display.

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

The article linked in the OP has no clear photo of the interior, so which dash are you talking about being different?

Of course it did.  Zoom in on this shot from the OP link.  You can clearly see there is no full width display like the other vehicle.

https://fordauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2022-Ford-Fusion-Activ-Crossover-Hatch-Spy-Shots-January-2021-010.jpg

9 hours ago, probowler said:

I just can't get behind this. I've never been a fan of trying to reinvent name brands into something completely different. The scion rip-off trailbazer isn't a Trailblazer, the Mach e isn't a mustang, and whatever this is isn't a fusion.

I feel you, but on the other hand, which one is a Capri?My_Capri_comp.jpg6beb5881f7a04e4861019e7267128e8d.jpg1983-mercury-capri-rs290161.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, probowler said:

I just can't get behind this. I've never been a fan of trying to reinvent name brands into something completely different. The scion rip-off trailbazer isn't a Trailblazer, the Mach e isn't a mustang, and whatever this is isn't a fusion.

I don't like the new Blazer or Korean Trailblazer, but GM can't make them fast enough. Both are huge sales surprises. Ditto for the Trax. I see them all over the place.

4 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

I feel you, but on the other hand, which one is a Capri?My_Capri_comp.jpg6beb5881f7a04e4861019e7267128e8d.jpg1983-mercury-capri-rs290161.jpg

Bring the German Mustang back. I owned a 1971 and 1974 Capri and they were great Sport coupes. Still love watching the race prepared Capris with cosworth engines. Wheeler Dealers has a segment on the German Mustang.