2022 Ford Mondeo/Fusion Replacement-Ford Evos

51 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Thats a 72...I had one like it with a 250 I-6 in it.

I always remembered it as a '71 that was bought new to replace the '67 Fairlane Convertible I inherited from my Mom when I was in college. It was equipped with a 302 v-8 and I upgraded the audio and added the Ford wheels and Goodyear tires. The Torino was then replaced by a '74 Mercury Cougar XR-7 and then a '76 Mercury Cougar XR-7.  

Edited by ice-capades

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I always remembered it as a '71 that was bought new to replace the '67 Fairlane Convertible I inherited from my Mom when I was in college. It was equipped with a 302 v-8 and I upgraded the audio and added the Ford wheels and Goodyear tires. The Torino was then replaced by a '74 Mercury Cougar XR-7 and then a '76 Mercury Cougar XR-7.  

1971 was the last year of the unibody Torino...

image.thumb.png.3d3f53d9f1675f9bf2991e01c49eb7b2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

And here's a front end photo of the 1971 Torino (base model) that I upgraded/upfitted.  

JPT_1971 Ford Torino_1.jpg

Joey

Seeing your parkway toll plate brings back memories.  Get on Merrit at Whiney ave. west bound.  From "55 MPH" sign to Skiff Street bridge was 1/4 mile.  The "go" would be arranged in the Friendlies parking lot and the spectators would head for the bridge..  If my sons ever stopped traffic on a divided highway as I did I would have kicked their butts if I knew about it- in my "youth"- different story!  292 58 Custom 300.  Regularly whipped 318 two bbl Mopors.  389 2 bbl Poncho's.  283 4 bbl Chebies?  Close but no cigar!

7 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Joey

Seeing your parkway toll plate brings back memories.  Get on Merrit at Whiney ave. west bound.  From "55 MPH" sign to Skiff Street bridge was 1/4 mile.  The "go" would be arranged in the Friendlies parking lot and the spectators would head for the bridge..  If my sons ever stopped traffic on a divided highway as I did I would have kicked their butts if I knew about it- in my "youth"- different story!  292 58 Custom 300.  Regularly whipped 318 two bbl Mopors.  389 2 bbl Poncho's.  283 4 bbl Chebies?  Close but no cigar!

Wow... You know Hamden well! The parkway plate was a necessity as I was driving to South Windsor 6 days/week. Friendly's is long gone, Partyka Chevrolet/Mazda was rebuilt about 2 years ago, the Skiff Street bridge was replaced (took about 18 months!), Aces moved to new large facility in Hamden and is selling the Skiff Street property, Hamden Hall built large athletic facility next to Aces, Walmart is now where Bradlees was in the Hamden Mart, Kohl's in the old Caldor's location, Edge Fitness in the old bowling alley in the Hamden Mart, Cinemart Theatre building is a Men's Wearhouse, etc. The "Ghost" parking lot in the Hamden Plaza was torn out years ago. Tesla just installed charging units at the Hamden Plaza entrance. The old Sears property was redeveloped years ago with a Stop & Shop, Staples, T.J. Maxx, Friday's, PEP Boys, etc. Taxes are outrageous and crime rate is way up... armed robberies (lots of minors involved), assaults, auto thefts (mostly minors), car jackings, etc. Even walking on Mix Avenue is risky.   

I had a 71 2 door with vinyl roof in 83, 302 auto.  Paid $400 for it found $450 in aluminum foil in the trunk right after I bought it.  Gave that back to lady I bought it from.  Coworker’s mom had it, mom died and hid money.  That was a great running car, but the roof had rot. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

That's horrid.  If it looks anything like that, I hope it fails lol.

It does fit with what Wheelsboy said about the Equator styling, that it represents Ford's new global SUV design language, but sheesh that thing fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch. The Equator suits the split headlight design far better, with it's more upright styling. 

9 hours ago, justins said:

It does fit with what Wheelsboy said about the Equator styling, that it represents Ford's new global SUV design language, but sheesh that thing fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch. The Equator suits the split headlight design far better, with it's more upright styling. 

That look can translate to other vehicles, but what we see here doesn't match the vehicle at all.

7 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The front end doesn't bother me...the greenhouse does...it doesn't flow right and looks like its copied off the mule. 

This is why I'm skeptical of this being the real car. I think it is just a photoshop of the mule or their interpretation of what they think it will look like.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

Grill does not look like a full-electric to me. Not that it won't be offered...especially in China, but looks like an ICE. 

I think is hybrid. The grille is for an ICE vehicle. Is lower than the Edge, maybe as tall as the Mach E ( not too tall at all).  And the general style will have some Mach E cues.  

5 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

Fresh news from China...

I think the front 1/3 of the real thing looks better than the rendering? What do you guys think? 

I guess we have to wait a few more days to find out what the back 2/3 looks like. 

6C89FE9E-706E-48DD-86B6-1D6CA8E93F31.jpeg

Ford%20Mondeo%20exclusive%20images-2.jpg

51097478667_e220ca39ea_b.jpg

Edited by bzcat

35 minutes ago, bzcat said:

I think the front 1/3 of the real thing looks better than the rendering? What do you guys think? 

I guess we have to wait a few more days to find out what the back 2/3 looks like. 

Agree, the real thing looks much better than any of the prior guesses that were published. Hope the rear 2/3 are equally superior as well. Also hope this front end look makes its way quickly to the Escape in the U.S..