Explorer Exhaust Tips

Hey All,

Does anyone know of a reputable/good quality aftermarket stainless exhaust tip? I'm looking to convert my 2020 XLT exhaust from the ugly unfinished bent tip to that of the Limited trim, complete with the Limited bumper cover with exhaust cutouts. I inquired about the actual exhaust parts for a Limited but everything is one piece and would require a good half of the exhaust system to the tune of about $1,100.

Thanks!

TT

29 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don't know but check and see if they are normal tips or just decorative with the exhaust exiting straight down before the tips.

Yep. I checked yesterday on the lot. They are indeed the bottom exit with decorative end. My guess is this type of tip is not available aftermarket so my exhaust guy will more than likely have to cut just before the existing tip curve and weld on whatever new tip I get. I've used Magnaflow in the past so will probably default to that unless someone mentions a better brand.

Thanks!

TT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TobyTime said:

Hey All,

Does anyone know of a reputable/good quality aftermarket stainless exhaust tip? I'm looking to convert my 2020 XLT exhaust from the ugly unfinished bent tip to that of the Limited trim, complete with the Limited bumper cover with exhaust cutouts. I inquired about the actual exhaust parts for a Limited but everything is one piece and would require a good half of the exhaust system to the tune of about $1,100.

Thanks!

TT

The tips are the way they are for Carbon Monoxide mitigation. Downward exit is a MUST. 

2 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

I know that but I love how Ford says it is because it keeps the tips clean from soot on the dual exhaust lol.  Ya ok Ford.

It's both. "Ford...where Form meets Function"...LOL. I think it started as a creative way to eliminate some of the worst soot on dual exhaust ever (after owning both 2014 and 2017 Fusion Titaniums, I witnessed it first hand in the Ford Family) and it morphed into something more serious when the Explorer met with its Carbon Monoxide debacle a while back.

Either way, normal exhaust is still a thing on many many vehicles on the road, so if I do alter my XLT exhaust to mimic the look of the Limited, that pro still outweighs the con of a little extra polishing.

TT

• Like 1