Interesting video comparing the Model Y to the Mach E

2 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

So basically electrify America has crappy non maintained charging stations. 

This is the VW network they were forced to build as retribution for dieselgate?  If so, they promised to build it, not make sure it worked.  The price didn’t seem like that much of a bargain when gas is $1.80/gal at Costco.

14 hours ago, slemke said:

This is the VW network they were forced to build as retribution for dieselgate?  If so, they promised to build it, not make sure it worked.  The price didn’t seem like that much of a bargain when gas is $1.80/gal at Costco.

Gas prices are moving up quickly with crude now over $50/barrel. Gas prices will follow soon. Gas prices have gone up .30 in last week here. 

Every Mach E review I've seen complains about Ford's charging technology. TFL had lots of trouble....took Ford sensors 5 minutes to even show charging status. Hopefully Ford can do some over the air updates very soon to improve charging viability. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

So basically electrify America has crappy non maintained charging stations. 

Yes sir. It's not just EA though. BEV owners (for any brand) have reported similar issues with ChargePoint and Blink charging stations as well.

In addition to what FordBuyer mentioned about fixing issues specific to Mustang Mach-E's charging hardware and software, Ford should also take a more active role in ensuring customers have a good experience with charging stations listed in the FordPass app. If that means Ford takes ownership of charging station networks at least in part, all the better.

Edited by rperez817

37 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Gas prices are moving up quickly with crude now over $50/barrel. Gas prices will follow soon. Gas prices have gone up .30 in last week here. 

Every Mach E review I've seen complains about Ford's charging technology. TFL had lots of trouble....took Ford sensors 5 minutes to even show charging status. Hopefully Ford can do some over the air updates very soon to improve charging viability. 

$50-65/barrel isn’t bad.  It needs to be around that price point to be profitable to pump in North America.  A good portion of the gas price is highway tax.  18.5 cents federal and NC adds another 50 cents or so.  I don’t see gas prices rising above 2.50 per gallon in NC anytime soon unless there is some disastrous event.  

The price tfl paid for there couple kWh of charge, didn’t impress me.  Only real savings seems to be if you charge at home.  Eventually that will change too.  Government will find a way to charge electric car owners for road use.  Right now, it is just another subsidy to electric car ownership.

it could easily be an issue with the electrify America charging stations or any other.  Someone interpreted the spec differently.  With over the air updates, Ford can roll out patches to fix compatibility issues.  Hard to believe using public charging stations wasn’t part of development testing to find these issues.  Thus, it could be outdated software at the charging stations.  I have not paid attention to know how many iterations the standard went through.

tesla needed to build out a charging infrastructure in order to sell cars that people could use for more than commuting.  Without an appreciable number of electric cars on the road there wouldn’t be demand for charging stations and without charging stations there wasn’t demand for a car with a long range you could take on trips.  Now with some infrastructure and more companies building electric vehicles, I don’t see the need for Ford or any other automaker to build their own proprietary system or even one to an existing standard.  It will get sorted out soon as more non-Tesla electric cars hit the road.