GM's new logo

rmc523

12 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Burger King logo since December 21, 2020.

300px-Burger_King_2020.svg.png

I don't mind that actually. Reminds me of their old one I remember as a kid from the 90s.

Btw your pictures in your last post didn't work either. Not sure if it's a problem on my end at this point or what’s going on 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Btw your pictures in your last post didn't work either. Not sure if it's a problem on my end at this point or what’s going on 

Thank you fuzzymoomoo sir for the feedback, here are the GM logos attached directly to this post. From top to bottom, 1938, 1964, 2001, and 2010.

GM1938.jpg

GM1964.png

GM2001.png

GM2011.jpg

Edited by rperez817

Lower case lettering is seen as less imposing and emasculating in appearance. Walmart used to have an imposing logo in all capital letters, then they changed to a capital "W" and lower case for the rest of the name as it was seen as more inviting...even the star was replaced by a vector flower...

image.png.71563245c65158f3536cef57cb7eb06a.png

Autoextremist spoke about the new GM logo for this week's "On the Table" column. http://www.autoextremist.com/on-the-table1/

Editor-In-Chief's Note: Much of the Internet instantly derided GM's new logo, but that ire was misguided. This isn't the same company of even three years ago; and GM is accelerating its transformation at such a furious pace to the point that the company will be unrecognizable by 2025. The company's "best and brightest" designers, engineers, product development and marketing people are building an all-new company that will be one of the world's leaders in EV technology as well as in the mass production of a wide range of EVs. Dismissing this huge effort because you find fault with the logo? Get over it. I'm betting that GM proves the haters dead wrong on this. -PMD

On 1/9/2021 at 12:20 PM, twintornados said:

image.png.2f2e3ae55d1620d3a5d47b7f008b2bec.png

Yep - the kid who designed the new GM mark clearly studied Paul Rand's work (inc the proposed Ford logo update above) 

I think this is a fairly successful design, even if more of a departure from the former than people were expecting. I don't know how well it will age, especially the casing of the letters, but this isn't terrible.