Enhanced Order tracking

usedboxman

On 6/7/2021 at 2:29 PM, silverboost said:

Yes the ford online application for order tracking doesn't seem to be updated very often.   The tool actually looks nice and could be very helpful IF someone was actually on the other end making sure the updates make it through.   In my opinion they should give the same level of detail that you can get from your local Ford dealer to keep from having people making phone calls to get updates or posting on forums like this to get updates.   Would save a lot of time for everyone to just give transparency.

I think there is some confusion also, my dealer was surprised I didn’t get an email when my order was scheduled for production (I got the original order one).

• 5 months later...

On 6/26/2021 at 11:56 AM, Winnipesaukee1 said:

I think there is some confusion also, my dealer was surprised I didn’t get an email when my order was scheduled for production (I got the original order one).

Yea, I do think a lot of it is just education. I'm happy to report that I've shared some knowledge from these boards with my salesrep, mainly as it relates to supply contraints. Granted it's a smaller dealership, but it's been tough to get information from him at times. I feel like they should just get an alert of a status change for an ordered vehicle - that way they can communicate it to the customer. If buying a car in 2021 has taught anyone anything, it's that customer service is more important than ever. Most of them try, and that's half the battle. 

2 hours ago, ryant601 said:

Yea, I do think a lot of it is just education. I'm happy to report that I've shared some knowledge from these boards with my salesrep, mainly as it relates to supply contraints. Granted it's a smaller dealership, but it's been tough to get information from him at times. I feel like they should just get an alert of a status change for an ordered vehicle - that way they can communicate it to the customer. If buying a car in 2021 has taught anyone anything, it's that customer service is more important than ever. Most of them try, and that's half the battle. 

Ford doesn't need to send "alert" notices to Dealers about order status changes. That information is already available to Dealers 24/7. If your Dealer doesn't know or can't be bothered the problem is the dealership. If your sales representative isn't providing the information you require, talk to the sales manager. Make the Dealer do their job!  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Times change, who would of thought that we would be bagging are groceries to now running the check out. Even the banks are doing away with tellers going to PTM"s which is a ATM on steroids.  The dealerships for instance go through so many sales people for what ever reasons.  In my case the young man that sold me the vehicle is no longer there anymore.  So the sales manager was handling my situation, just doing the bare minimum.  Now my situation is being handled by the owner of the dealership with better results.  I am a 3rd generation loyal Ford customer!  As for my wife I let her buy what makes her happy. We have purchased many new vehicles over the last 40 years from Acura, Chrysler, Honda, and Lexus.  After seeing how some of the other dealerships and manufacturers operate Ford could step it up!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 8:43 PM, Rondalon said:

This is perhaps the best of all wish list items.... 

What do I want?... My Truck!!!.... Or at least some better more detailed tracking and transparency with the customer and especially with the dealerships.

I do understand the current chip shortage situation. But I/we all would definitely be a lot happier if they would just be more forthcoming with information, especially about customer ordered trucks. 

The dealers don't really seem to have any additional information, and the best way find out anything is on all these forums and by asking some of the members with access for additional information from time to time (which I haven't gotten up the nerve to do again since early April when I found out my build date)...

I agree completely. I’m dealing with the same thing right now. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2022 at 3:22 PM, Skeet88 said:

I agree completely. I’m dealing with the same thing right now. 

Me as well. The dealer seems to be doing the minimum to provide information, and my Ranger has yet to be added to my account online. Even if there was a way to merge the DORA/VOC info to the account it was ordered on PRIOR to having a VIN would at least allow some level of self-service in the tracking. BTW -I choose the Dealer I did because they were the only one in my area that would allow me to order the vehicle at sticker price without a market adjustment ($5K + at some of the other local Dealers) or adding dealer add-ons that I really did NOT want. All I have to date is an order confirmed email from Ford.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had nothing but problems utilizing the Lincoln Navigator order tracking site.  I enter my vin and order number and must repeat at least 3-4 times to get it to react.  Now the site does nothing after entering this information saying refresh your page.  

On 3/1/2022 at 10:19 AM, russ90s said:

Was finally able to track my truck in Canada. Signed into ford site and tried the tracking. Came up that it was a Canadian vehicle and had a link to Canadian tracking. 
DA78C085-2534-41CB-8AB5-DAEED1563297.thumb.png.faa323844a221efea56bb52ba85ad2d4.png

Silly question - did you have to have a VIN first for tracking? I still don't have a VIN for my 3/5/2022 order.

As far as tracking goes, the biggest delay period seems to be after acknowledgement until production is scheduled.  There is nothing at all and that is unfortunate because the majority of the wait time is in that window.  I am going on 4.5 months and have zero idea what is happening at all.  Is my truck even in line?  I don't have any idea and that is really bad customer service in my opinion.  I do building materials sales for a living and would get all kinds of grief if a customer of mine had zero idea what is happening.  I would think they could easily make tracking available with dealer number and order number even if it said "In line for parts fulfillment"  it would be something for those of us waiting extended times in the dead space between order and scheduled for production.  Something, anything at all would be helpful.

1 hour ago, TJAldridge said:

As far as tracking goes, the biggest delay period seems to be after acknowledgement until production is scheduled.  There is nothing at all and that is unfortunate because the majority of the wait time is in that window.  I am going on 4.5 months and have zero idea what is happening at all.  Is my truck even in line?  I don't have any idea and that is really bad customer service in my opinion.  I do building materials sales for a living and would get all kinds of grief if a customer of mine had zero idea what is happening.  I would think they could easily make tracking available with dealer number and order number even if it said "In line for parts fulfillment"  it would be something for those of us waiting extended times in the dead space between order and scheduled for production.  Something, anything at all would be helpful.

So let’s say you work for a local building material supply and your customer is waiting on Ga Pacific building materials they ordered from you.  Do you expect the customer to get updates from Ga Pacific?  Or do you get updates from Ga Pacific and you give updates to the customer?  

Your dealer is the one who should be communicating with you and they should be telling you how many trucks they’ve been getting and where you are in their queue.  Everything g you’re asking for is on the dealer not Ford.  

1 hour ago, akirby said:

So let’s say you work for a local building material supply and your customer is waiting on Ga Pacific building materials they ordered from you.  Do you expect the customer to get updates from Ga Pacific?  Or do you get updates from Ga Pacific and you give updates to the customer?  

Your dealer is the one who should be communicating with you and they should be telling you how many trucks they’ve been getting and where you are in their queue.  Everything g you’re asking for is on the dealer not Ford.  

One difference though, if GA Pacific had a track your order service, one would expect some type of updates other than Acknowledge and On the Truck(there isn't any production in the case of lumber).  Even if it wasn't many more steps, some form of communication on their part would improve the customer service component of the process.  If Ford wants all communications going through the Dealers, then do away with the tracking all together, but then they have to get more information to the dealers.  Right now I believe my dealer when he says he has almost no additional information available to him than I do.  Now he may be completely lying, who knows.  Just my thoughts...

1 hour ago, TJAldridge said:

One difference though, if GA Pacific had a track your order service, one would expect some type of updates other than Acknowledge and On the Truck(there isn't any production in the case of lumber).  Even if it wasn't many more steps, some form of communication on their part would improve the customer service component of the process.  If Ford wants all communications going through the Dealers, then do away with the tracking all together, but then they have to get more information to the dealers.  Right now I believe my dealer when he says he has almost no additional information available to him than I do.  Now he may be completely lying, who knows.  Just my thoughts...

There isn’t any more information that Ford can give you other than it’s ready for scheduling.  Just sending out an email once a month saying hey you’re still waiting to be scheduled is pointless.  Ford doesn’t control your dealers order queue - the dealer sets the priorities and those can change daily.  The thing about these commodity issues is they pop up randomly and unexpectedly.  Nobody in any industry can reliably predict production - there are simply too many issues right now.

Your dealer has all the info that Ford has PLUS they know where you are in their queue.  They should be telling you you’re #3 or you’re #45 in their queue of orders and that makes a bigger difference I your waiting time than anything Ford could tell you.