2021 Mustang Mach E - Leasing not offered???

rampagex7

I just got a disappointing call from the sales manager at our dealership on Friday, apparently they have been advised by Ford that there will be no leasing programs offered on the new 2021 Mach E through Ford Credit here in Ontario.  When they finally arrive you will only be able to purchase or finance them.  Apparently he said this looks to be the case in all provinces Canada wide, except Quebec because Quebec offers an $8000 EV rebate so you can lease them in Quebec but nowhere else.

We have two Mach E's on order for our company with one of them supposed to land very soon and the plan was to lease them as we have two 2018 Escapes coming off lease soon and am really not interested in purchase or financing for various reasons.  I really hate to walk away from such an exciting new vehicle but if Ford wont lease them to us it looks like we have to walk. 

Has anyone else heard about this?  I'm curious if anyone else can corroborate it somehow.  Is it just the Canadian market affected by the "lease ban" or are they able to be leased in the US? 

28 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They’re offering leases but it's not a lease in a traditional sense. I can't remember how exactly it works but someone else here can definitely answer that. 

Its just like a regular lease except the customer owns the vehicle not Ford Credit.  So the buyer gets any govt rebates not Ford so it won’t subsidize the payments.

• 10 months later...