Buyouts and thoose on medical leaves

Timberwolf8672

I have a question for all of those smarter and better imfored than I. I have a friend who is on a long term disablity leave and she is looking to go a head and leave the company, by taking the 100k and going her way. :bandance: I have worked with her for over 15 yrs and she is really hurt at Ford's expence. Anyway she is off rolls, but was told by someone in the union that she would still be able to get this buyout. Has anyone else been told this? :shrug: She said she was told that all that wanted a buyout would get one reguardless of thier situation. What is your opinions???? She has asked me and I told her good luck. But I was wondering and hoping for her sake that it is true!!!

I have a question for all of those smarter and better imfored than I. I have a friend who is on a long term disablity leave and she is looking to go a head and leave the company, by taking the 100k and going her way. :bandance: I have worked with her for over 15 yrs and she is really hurt at Ford's expence. Anyway she is off rolls, but was told by someone in the union that she would still be able to get this buyout. Has anyone else been told this? :shrug: She said she was told that all that wanted a buyout would get one reguardless of thier situation. What is your opinions???? She has asked me and I told her good luck. But I was wondering and hoping for her sake that it is true!!!

you can not take a buyout while on medical.

We had a buyout in Aug. at Ktp and 327 took it. No one on medical could get the buyout. Period.

If I am not mistaken though everyone that took the buyout so far @ KTP had 30 yrs or more. That there was no younger people even eligiable to take it, It never got that far down the list. I may be wrong. Also she is being told that this round of buyouts is very much more open than what we have had in the past up here. We'll see what happens. :shrug:

Back when SLAP closed in order to qualify you had to be on active rolls,so they let just about anybody that was on med back on active rolls so they could qualify-some had been on med for 9-10 YEARS!!

Yep. That is what is going on everywhere right now. Wixom has brought back 3 people so far, and one of them had been gone for 4yrs.

Thank you "oldasdirt" I am not saying that it is right or it is wrong. To allow people who are out on medical to take a buyout. My friend has been out for a few yrs, and is on Socail Security Disablity now, but she still is a Ford employee, a UAW member and still recieve's medical benifets from Ford and stuff, so it would be in the company's interest to let these people like her < cause there has to be thousands > to get off of the company's insurance plans. And for those of you that think it is wrong. I hope I NEVER see you DOGGING it out one day, blowing a day off work, or needing to be on medical for some reason in your time here at Ford. Give me a break no one is that damm perfect.....

Thank you "oldasdirt" I am not saying that it is right or it is wrong. To allow people who are out on medical to take a buyout. My friend has been out for a few yrs, and is on Socail Security Disablity now, but she still is a Ford employee, a UAW member and still recieve's medical benifets from Ford and stuff, so it would be in the company's interest to let these people like her < cause there has to be thousands > to get off of the company's insurance plans. And for those of you that think it is wrong. I hope I NEVER see you DOGGING it out one day, blowing a day off work, or needing to be on medical for some reason in your time here at Ford. Give me a break no one is that damm perfect.....

Tell em'! :rant:

The only way your friend can become eligible is to return to active rolls. Can she do this? I hope it all works out for her.

If I am not mistaken though everyone that took the buyout so far @ KTP had 30 yrs or more. That there was no younger people even eligiable to take it, It never got that far down the list. I may be wrong. Also she is being told that this round of buyouts is very much more open than what we have had in the past up here. We'll see what happens. :shrug:

That is 100% not true. We had some skilled trades workers with only 7 years who took the 100k. Another electrician who works in my area tried to get it when he was off for knee surgery and they told him medicals were no allowed any buyouts. It actually worked out better for him because he is 65 and now he gets 140k to walk away.

Something she needs to check IS if she's on disability and receives a buyout it could affect the Social Security Disability, My brother is disabled and he's only allowed 1900.00 in bank or can be subject to losing his SSI benefits. When my parents made their will that had to have it written so he did not recieve money at their death because he would lose all benefits with Social Security Disability.

being on medical for 9 years is A HELL of lot of different then a guy taking a paid personal!

they are people that MILK the system. they know who they are....they should be fired...and in most companies would have been fired....

Yeah it is huh, How people who have been screwed up for years can all the sudden be well again.... Maybe it is because they CAN work a short time but ford will not let them.. Have you ever thought that not everyone is not out to screw the system. I am sick of you assholes thinking you are better than eveyone else...... you think that cause you have been lucky and not striken with some illness or injury that F**** up your life that you are some how better than evey one else in the company or world for that matter.... What is wrong with you??????????????????????????? Geee whizz you act like some super that acts like every hour of overtime comes out of his pocket..... ya know what. take a jump with the sith lord and meet in hell for me ok..... :censored: :kissass: :cry::baby: