Cadillac Celestiq Show Car Video

JTL2017

34 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Hmm, they're going all-in with that bizarre rear pillar lighting treatment eh?

I actually don’t mind that but I am still not a fan of the front end. I’m curious to see if the Celestiq can truly compete with Rolls and Bentley. 

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

The Celestiq is a good effort to show what Cadillac can do.  Lincoln need a halo vehicle like the Celestíq . A big, sleek and ultra luxury electric crossover at the top of the line.   A new Continental? 

They had planned exactly that (and allegedly with the Continental name) with the Rivian-derived SUV, but that got shelved due to Covid. The frustrating thing is that it was supposed to be coming out this year, which would have allowed them to beat Cadillac to market.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

The Celestiq is a good effort to show what Cadillac can do.  Lincoln need a halo vehicle like the Celestíq . A big, sleek and ultra luxury electric crossover at the top of the line.   A new Continental? 

The Celestiq is supposed to be a sedan, not a crossover. It is the replacement for the CT6.

21 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Also depends on how you define Halo. GT500?  I’m sure Ford is doing fine on those too. 

True.  Anything that’s just an upgrade to a current production vehicle is by definition lower cost than an entirely new vehicle.  GT500, Raptor, Focus RS, etc.

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

True.  Anything that’s just an upgrade to a current production vehicle is by definition lower cost than an entirely new vehicle.  GT500, Raptor, Focus RS, etc.

True. While the body will be unique, their BEV are all the same “platform”, right?