Bronco Pickup Sketch?

4 hours ago, jniffen said:

I thought the Maverick was the Bronco Truck.
If Ford keeps this up, the Bronco line will be the new Mercury.

There's some confusion there with the name.

Originally there were rumors the Bronco Sport would be called Maverick, but it was eventually migrated to the little trucklet.

My Idea for a "Bronco Truck"

Is actually just a Regular Bronco with special parts. A Special removable panel encloses the cabin, creating a separate bed. Available tailgate to replace the swing gate.

You can either buy it already in truck configuration, or buy the "Truck kit" if you want to convert your regular bronco into a PU.

Front and rear mounting points allow you to enclose the cabin before or behind the rear seats depending on how big a bed you need.

Mega bonus points if the tailgate has a power rear window and a compatible SUV Top.

If this is too hard or otherwise impossible, they should just look at the old Big Bronco that was a Pickup with a removable top. Make the seats super easy to remove, give it a tailgate and call it a day.

2008-07-19IMG47971990FordBronco4x4onPain

Edited by probowler

1 hour ago, 92merc said:

I just don't think we need a Bronco Pickup AND a Ranger.  Pick one and stick with it.

There are a ton of F150 options slotted above.  And a new Maverick slotted below.  IMO, we don't need 2 in the middle.

The Bronco Pickup would cost more then the Ranger and have removable doors/roof. I think they would also keep the bed shorter (think ATV sized or Sport Trac) so the Ranger gets the "true" pickup buyer. 

Little development cost for a decent profit. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The Bronco Pickup would cost more then the Ranger and have removable doors/roof. I think they would also keep the bed shorter (think ATV sized or Sport Trac) so the Ranger gets the "true" pickup buyer. 

Little development cost for a decent profit. 

Technically the doors of a Ranger are removable now as it is, it's just not intended to be that way but it's not that hard to do. 1 bolt on each hinge (2 per door) and disconnect the wiring harness. I'm not suggesting anyone do this but it's really pretty easy. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Technically the doors of a Ranger are removable now as it is, it's just not intended to be that way but it's not that hard to do. 1 bolt on each hinge (2 per door) and disconnect the wiring harness. I'm not suggesting anyone do this but it's really pretty easy. 

Just because you install them for a living doesn’t mean it will be reasonable for the average owner to do.  Are all Fords like that?  Maybe I could take the doors off my Taurus and pretend it’s a bronco.

3 minutes ago, slemke said:

Just because you install them for a living doesn’t mean it will be reasonable for the average owner to do.  Are all Fords like that?  Maybe I could take the doors off my Taurus and pretend it’s a bronco.

You would be surprised, it's a 10mm bolt and the door side of the hinge just rests on a conical shaped post. The hinges as I saw them already come in one piece. Not all Ford hinges do that but a lot of them do. My Fusion does while my Flex doesn't. Not sure about the Taurus. You could even do it with a Mustang but the nuts are very easy to cross thread and I definitely wouldn't recommend it. 

Also I take it back, now that I think about it the Ranger hinges are one piece that's held together with a press-fit rod, not a 2 piece bolted together design. If you want to take the doors off, the entire hinge would have to remain attached to the body. Not as easy to do as the 2 piece designs. 

Again, and I can't emphasize this enough, I strongly advise against trying this. My only point is it's not always as hard as it seems. 

• Like 1

Well if they're going to come out with a bunch more bronco models, I'd like to see an expedition/suburban-length bronco with seating for 7 and space behind the 3rd row seat.  Shouldn't be too hard to extend the wheelbase and add more rear overhang.  The hard part would be more engine for what would obviously be a bigger, heavier vehicle.  Call it the Bronco Max?

On 1/15/2021 at 6:45 AM, jniffen said:

I thought the Maverick was the Bronco Truck.
If Ford keeps this up, the Bronco line will be the new Mercury.

Well, Ford is now most known for pickups and Van's. So might as well spend your resources on trucks. And maybe offroad machines. We will see how that goes in next couple years. Sedans  are gone and Ford is average at best in CUV and SUV segment according to reviewers and customers. So let Ford make their stand on pickup trucks in all sizes and variants. 

1 hour ago, Sevensecondsuv said:

Well if they're going to come out with a bunch more bronco models, I'd like to see an expedition/suburban-length bronco with seating for 7 and space behind the 3rd row seat.  Shouldn't be too hard to extend the wheelbase and add more rear overhang.  The hard part would be more engine for what would obviously be a bigger, heavier vehicle.  Call it the Bronco Max?

I second this.

I'd like to see a three-row Bronco in some form. Whether on the current platform or maybe even F-150 platform (barring capacity issues), I think it would be a great addition. The only thing I would add is I would prefer it retain a solid axle at the rear.

1 hour ago, Broncofan7 said:

I second this.

I'd like to see a three-row Bronco in some form. Whether on the current platform or maybe even F-150 platform (barring capacity issues), I think it would be a great addition. The only thing I would add is I would prefer it retain a solid axle at the rear.

To your point, barring them introducing a GM-like SUV only plant, will they have the room for something like that?

Glad to see a Bronco pickup idea make it this far in consideration.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

To your point, barring them introducing a GM-like SUV only plant, will they have the room for something like that?

I don't know about that honestly. I doubt a bigger Bronco could fit at the Ranger-Bronco facility. Could it potentially work at an F-150 plant? I don't know. Or, could it be that they move the Super Duty elsewhere and make solely big Broncos, Expeditions, and Navigators there? I don't know, but I think I remember seeing the basics of the last idea on here somewhere.

Long way of saying I do not know. Sorry!

39 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

Hmmm....

"Bronco Excursion"

I like that name a lot! I think it would be a good fit for a potential bigger Bronco.

The only counter to it is I feel that Ford would like to keep the Excursion name separate on the off chance the Excursion returns. Perhaps an Excursion would be (relatively) easy to make with many common parts for Ford.

Edited by Broncofan7