2022 Lincoln Navigator

Bama444

I have read that it could come out as early as summer 2021. Is that realistic?

I was about to buy the Escalade but did a Google search to see when the Navigator Would be updated. I love the outside of the current Navigator. The insider however is dated and lacks a lot compared to today. The Escalade screen is awesome and some great technology. But my first response to it was "that's it?". I don't like how Escalade made the 2nd row the redheaded step child. I wan the second row to be luxury for my guest. Needs a nice center console. Needs easy controls for making their own selves comfortable. I have read where people expect little change to the outside but a stepped up more modern interior. So I am trying to wait! Would love to see some pictures of the inside spying. It's hard to not buy a new one. Hoping for some teasing to keep me motivated to wait for the new Navigator! 

The other SUV with a hell of an interior is the new Grand Wagoner. Hoping Lincoln will beat it and the Escalade. 

34 minutes ago, Bama444 said:

I was about to buy the Escalade but did a Google search to see when the Navigator Would be updated. I love the outside of the current Navigator. The insider however is dated and lacks a lot compared to today. The Escalade screen is awesome and some great technology. But my first response to it was "that's it?". I don't like how Escalade made the 2nd row the redheaded step child. I wan the second row to be luxury for my guest. Needs a nice center console. Needs easy controls for making their own selves comfortable. I have read where people expect little change to the outside but a stepped up more modern interior. So I am trying to wait! Would love to see some pictures of the inside spying. It's hard to not buy a new one. Hoping for some teasing to keep me motivated to wait for the new Navigator! 

The other SUV with a hell of an interior is the new Grand Wagoner. Hoping Lincoln will beat it and the Escalade. 

Most likely end of this year, since the model year changeover for these models happen towards the end of the year.  But the new nav should get some type of variation of sync 4, a larger screen.  Im personally hoping for air suspension addition.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 6:03 PM, Bama444 said:

I agree the dash on the new Escalade is awesome but the rest of it is just so/so..  That Grand Wagoneer would be the one to hold out for that has all kinds of cool stuff, but my prediction is they are just going to refresh the interior on the 2022 Nav and the only new tech it will have is a bigger touch screen radio/nav/climate controls.  Similar to what they did with the 2021 Nautilus, Ford is strapped for cash right now and the availability of supplies and suppliers is not the greatest as well.  Plus don't forget the Big Gas burners are not eco-friendly so they are going to be low on Ford's priority list and they are already trailing other manufacturers in electrification so don't expect much money to get spent on Navigator/Expedition lines in the near future.

Edited by BigAl77

6 hours ago, BigAl77 said:

I agree the dash on the new Escalade is awesome but the rest of it is just so/so..  That Grand Wagoneer would be the one to hold out for that has all kinds of cool stuff, but my prediction is they are just going to refresh the interior on the 2022 Nav and the only new tech it will have is a bigger touch screen radio/nav/climate controls.  Similar to what they did with the 2021 Nautilus, Ford is strapped for cash right now and the availability of supplies and suppliers is not the greatest as well.  Plus don't forget the Big Gas burners are not eco-friendly so they are going to be low on Ford's priority list and they are already trailing other manufacturers in electrification so don't expect much money to get spent on Navigator/Expedition lines in the near future.

Yes, electrification is getting higher and higher on Ford's priority list but they aren't neglecting these giant profit machines. We don't know much for sure about the refresh but it has been reported the screen is getting bigger and going to be similar to Escalade. A more potent version of the Powerboost is almost guaranteed. That alone would make me hold out for the 2022. 

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

Yes, electrification is getting higher and higher on Ford's priority list but they aren't neglecting these giant profit machines. We don't know much for sure about the refresh but it has been reported the screen is getting bigger and going to be similar to Escalade. A more potent version of the Powerboost is almost guaranteed. That alone would make me hold out for the 2022. 

Exactly.  Nautilus is a good seller but probably isn't generating big profits.  Navigator is a cash cow.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 7:47 AM, jcartwright99 said:

Honestly in my opinion the current navigator even though it is several model years old still has a better interior than the escalade by a lot.  If you look at Cadillacs they have a lot borrowed from other lines GM has and I like to say you are basically paying for the dash forward on a caddy the rest is still a chevy.  I personally would still choose a Navigator over the Escalade because even though the night vision and gee wiz bells and whistles of Escalade are the cats meow, it comes down to what you are sitting on and what you are touching when you are in a car of this caliber.  Like a late relative who sold Tahoes like they were going out of style back in the 90's use to say, "Escalade starts out as a Chevy, It is a chevy, then BAM they hit it with a hammer".  There is so much truth to that statement I have even experienced it in real life, before covid 19 wiped out the airlines I was a part-time liveries driver at the airport and I drove a Suburban or Navigator. Several times someone asked if the suburban was an escalade but everyone always could tell they were in a Navigator, so there ya go!

• Like 1

Now that I have seen the Escalade on the road, I have not been impressed.  On a few occasions from a distance I thought it was an XT6.  The dash layout looks pretty cool, but  that doesn’t overcome the rest of the vehicle for me.  Cadillac’s styling just doesn’t jive with me, whereas the Lincoln styling does, due to its clean lines.   

• Like 2

“Grand Wagoneer Series III MSRP* Starting at $103,995” certainly puts it smack into Navigator Black Label territory ... looks interesting on internet and I expect it will be interesting to see in person this summer - but I am skeptical that it will measure up.

5 hours ago, Black Label said:

I don't understand why the Grand wagoner is mentioned in a thread about the Navigator. Is the Jeep a luxury SUV? It looks okay, but I don't think I would ever move down to a Jeep from a Lincoln. 

Well they don’t have a true luxury brand so like Mazda and Kia and others they’re going for the upper end of the non luxury market with nicer interiors and some luxury features.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Black Label said:

I don't understand why the Grand wagoner is mentioned in a thread about the Navigator. Is the Jeep a luxury SUV? It looks okay, but I don't think I would ever move down to a Jeep from a Lincoln. 

Fca/stellantis have used jeep brand as their "luxury" brand after moving away from Daimler.  The grand cherokee has been fiddling with luxury status since 2011, and can be seen as a viable competitor in the mid sized suv lux market in pricing and features.  I'm sure, the success of the jgc has given fca the confidence to move the jgw upmarket, and the product looks to be every bit as competitive as the navigator(which technically and critically has been substandard from 07-17), qx80, and escalade.

Edited by Dlcorbett
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

Fca/stellantis have used jeep brand as their "luxury" brand after moving away from Daimler.  The grand cherokee has been fiddling with luxury status since 2011, and can be seen as a viable competitor in the mid sized suv lux market in pricing and features.  I'm sure, the success of the jgc has given fca the confidence to move the jgw upmarket, and the product looks to be every bit as competitive as the navigator(which technically and critically has been substandard from 07-17), qx80, and escalade.

Hey man, get back to the Lincoln forum lol. It's a nice looking vehicle, I am just saying I would not instinctively look to a Jeep variant as a luxury model. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edmunds.com/amp/car-news/2022-lincoln-navigator-price.html

For those who haven't ordered one yet, this will give you an idea on pricing of the navigator.

Did my buyback order earlier today. Same Black Label except opted to go with the L model. Surprisingly my wife wanted that. Also, second row console with massage seats and roof cross rail. 

MSRP $108k. 

• Like 1

I have kind of a dumb question bc I’ve never ordered a vehicle before. We went in on Monday and placed our order for a 22 Nav. We weren’t given anything from the dealership confirming an order technically (we were given what says “preview order” at the top. I’ve seen other people speaking on their priority level etc and wondering if we should have been given additional paperwork?