So long Aviator

hotrodlincoln

Purchased new 2020 Aviator Reserve II and I've had it less than 4 months with the easy decision to trade it due to its issues that my wife I have experienced.  Horrible ride with the 22's even with a tire replaced and all 4 Road Force Balanced twice. The ride was hard, harsh and it would quiver even on the smoothest of roads.  Engine sounded like a diesel on start up.  Driver side floor area was cold. The seats would move all on their own even while driving.   Example: You could be in the drivers seat driving down the road and all of a sudden the passenger seat, with no one sitting in it, would start moving back and forth.  Drivers seat would do the same. We named the car - "Christine" as in the movie.

Took it back to the dealer numerous times and the typical answer on the repair order "could not duplicate  customer concerns, vehicle is """within""" specs".  Spoke to Lincoln about the issues and they did not seem to care.  Once the repair order stated "could not duplicate  customer concerns, vehicle is """within""" specs", its all over with Lincoln trying to help out!

For $77,000 this was NOT the luxurious vehicle we had hoped for, not even close.

But we will miss the 28 speaker Revel audio system.  That is amazing!

On 1/19/2021 at 7:44 PM, hotrodlincoln said:

I see your forum name and I used to own a C5 1999 coupe - 6 speed - pewter - loaded out.  Put non-runflats on it and it drove like it was on clouds.

I bought my 1999 C5 coupe new - also with all options except magnesium wheels, block heater and the power telescoping wheel with memory package (on constraint when ordered).  It was arctic white with the firethorn red interior, with the A4 transmission and both tops. I ordered the vehicle in September 1998, and almost ordered the pewter color with a black interior..

The OEM Goodyear run-flats were terrible with noise and harshness.  When they wore out, I replaced them with Michelin run-flats and found them to be MUCH quieter and compliant.  The Goodyears were rated for 200 miles at zero pressure, but the Michelin run-flats were rated for 50 miles at zero pressure.

I bought my first Ford, a 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4, and was disappointed with the initial and long-term quality.  Ford has a problem on their hands with building new vehicles without defects when they are delivered new to the customer.

Currently, the Bronco Sport has been delayed, there are thousands of F-150 models being held in holding lots for quality checks, and the Mustang Mach-E has been placed on a stop-ship order due to quality issues.

Good luck with your new vehicle.  It’s a shame you had so many problems - but considerable media coverage I’ve seen stated there were NUMEROUS problems with the 2020 Explorer and Aviator.  You would think Ford and Lincoln would bend over backwards to ensure their customer’s new cars are fixed right, because they knew of the many issues.

Edited by 1999 White C5 Coupe

Wouldn't the 

On 1/19/2021 at 5:42 PM, hotrodlincoln said:

We have an offer in on a 2021 Escalade, we are sldo still considering the new Denali.  Have not ruled out the Range Rover or a BMW X5M.  But, if the wife allows me, and the Escalade falls thru, I would really like to take a look at the new Durango Hellcat with 710 horses!!!  

Wouldn't the Range Rover be worse than the Aviator as far as "issues" go? Their dual screen setup isn't garnering any praise for reliability or lack of issues.