2013 MKX Navigation Question

I recently purchased a 2013 MKX and am the second owner. When I got the vehicle it did not include the SD card needed for the navigation to work. Currently at the top right of the touch screen where it would say “navigation” if the SD card was installed (and capable of navigation) mine says “information”. With this said, does anyone know if my sync unit would automatically recognize the maps on an SD card if one was purchased and installed? If it wouldn’t automatically recognize/upload the maps does that indicate it isn’t capable of having navigation or does it just mean a new/different software is needed? Any input is greatly appreciated. 

APIM (Application Program Interface Module) aka the brains behind Sync.

Just quick google for add factory nav to sync mft reveals several options.  Almost all of them from what I see are going to run $750 or more plus installation.  IMHO it isn't worth it to add after the fact.  Save your money and use your phone or a tablet for directions.