Color matched bumpers in XLT super duty and 40/console/40 in STX

OffRoadRN

I really think there should be an XLT sport or something similar in the XLT super duty, similar to an F150, so that you can get paint matched bumpers in the XLT. I would have ordered a XLT premium, but I do not like chrome. I would have gladly paid an additional $500ish on top of the premium package for color matched bumpers and door handles. 

Also, think that the STX should be able to have the 40/console/40 option available. I get that the regular XL is a work truck, but for a lot of people the STX is a "budget" personal vehicle and because of that the console should be made available.

Edited by OffRoadRN
  • Like 1

I’ve felt the same about your observations regarding the Superduty.  Not everyone wants chrome, and you shouldn’t have to get the Lariat in order to skip the chrome. I have always found the F150 STX package to be a great looking truck for a very reasonable price, so it doesn’t make sense why they chose chrome for the Superduty STX package instead of body color.    

On 1/19/2021 at 7:21 PM, tbone said:

I’ve felt the same about your observations regarding the Superduty.  Not everyone wants chrome, and you shouldn’t have to get the Lariat in order to skip the chrome. I have always found the F150 STX package to be a great looking truck for a very reasonable price, so it doesn’t make sense why they chose chrome for the Superduty STX package instead of body color.    

I don't like chrome either, and it seems to me that paint should be cheaper than chrome.  So why is there so much chrome?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/24/2021 at 5:57 PM, ScottK1 said:

I don't like chrome either, and it seems to me that paint should be cheaper than chrome.  So why is there so much chrome?

Chrome still looks great to many shoppers. Myself included. I do appreciate both though.

I have price compared replacement Ford chrome vs painted bumpers for the Super Duty. Chrome is always more expensive. We all know the limitations of the trim level packages is a way to encourage many buyers to pay the price hike to jump up to Lariat. It often works and I am glad it does. Painted everything is a good profit option and is very popular right now. Higher trim level sales especially boost profit margins. This allows Ford to still offer an affordable STX Super Duty for budget shoppers like me! 

My previous and current truck's were XL STX trucks. But Ford won the next round. I have a Lariat on order. If Ford hadn't offered such nicely optioned STX trucks, I probably never would have come over to Ford. Now I am hooked on Ford and now that I can afford a Lariat I decided to take the price jump.

• Like 1