2022 Lincoln Navigator Will Get A Large, Horizontally-Mounted Infotainment Screen

16 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

I wonder if ford will put the new v8 thats to be used for the raptor in the nav is an option.

Possibly.  It would allow navigator to one up the Germans and sell a 100k+ premium vehicle.  All depends on cafe and how many predator v8s the plant can crank out.

I think Ford should be investing in a small (4.0-4.5l) twin turbo v8 for their top performance models.  In the meantime, use the predator and recoup the development cost.

5 minutes ago, JTL2017 said:

I doubt it. I had that thought at first but they will most likely keep the 3.5 and offer a hybrid of some sort. 

I thought about a powerboost hybrid, but I doubt the floor pan was designed to accommodate a battery pack like the aviator.  Changing the floor pan may be too much cost for a refresh.

16 hours ago, slemke said:

I thought about a powerboost hybrid, but I doubt the floor pan was designed to accommodate a battery pack like the aviator.  Changing the floor pan may be too much cost for a refresh.

Uh the Navi has a frame like the F-150, so they can fit it there no issues and most likely not affect any sheetmetal

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 7:02 PM, rmc523 said:

And that's the benefit of the tablet approach to screens.  You can just slap a bigger one on at a refresh and "keep up with the Jones' " without having to redesign the whole dash.

So we're just going back to those single din radios with the floating screens?

That seems like a regression to me.

On 1/22/2021 at 3:54 PM, silvrsvt said:

Uh the Navi has a frame like the F-150, so they can fit it there no issues and most likely not affect any sheetmetal

I know it has a frame, just not whether the frame design and floor pan of the navigator could accommodate a battery pack and how large of a pack.  I thought the expedition and navigator sat lower on the frame than the f150 super crew with the flat floor in the rear.  It’s been a while since I was in a Navigator to remember.  The f150 got a different gas tank and who knows what else to accommodate it.  The battery looks like it sits slightly above the frame on the f150, but then the frame rises up behind it and they appear fairly flush at the rear of the pack.  Wheelbase is the same between the super cab and super crew, yet only the super crew got the hybrid.  There could be some other packaging issues.