2019 Lincoln Nautilus phone charging pad issues

I have a 2019 Lincoln Nautilus reserve that has the wireless phone charging pad in the console.  I recently got a new iPhone 12 Pro.  It won't charge on the pad for some reason.  It starts charging but within a few minutes I get an error message saying something has come between the charging pad and the phone.  I have a case on the phone that works with other wireless chargers (not MagSafe).  I thought it could be the protrusion of the cameras so I bought a protective cover for those as well.  I still get the error message with or without the phone and camera covers.  Is anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?  Otherwise, I will mention it the next time I have the vehicle serviced to see what the dealer says.

Link.jpg

On 1/21/2021 at 3:28 PM, hand-filer said:

No problem with wireless charging my LG G7 or Samsung S20+ phones. If possible try someone else's wireless charging capable phone to rule out that it's not a phone issue.

I would suspect its an iPhone issue based on the number of complaints online about this. iPhone 12 pro wireless charging issues still present

I have my phone updated to iOS 14.4 but still have the issue.  I'll try rebooting the phone and see if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue with my iPhone 12 Pro Max and my 2019 Nautilus! .  I was told by the Ford Dealer that the wireless charging system in all Ford/Lincoln cars are a 5w system and the iPhone 12 is a 12 w system, so they are not compatible!  If this is true, then Ford has an issue with their product and should warn customers about this. I also tried a new Ford Expedition that was on their lot and the phone still would  not charge.  My husband has a 2019 Chevy High Country and the phone will charge just fine!  A Verizon customer service rep told me it was because of a plate in the back of the iPhone?? 
Frustrating to have a $60,000 car and a $1,000 phone not be working together!!   Grrrrrr! 

• Like 1