Climate control temp display not working

Tl99cobra

Hi all,

The numbers display on my climate control console are not working. I don't think they ever have, just noticed today after almost 3 months. The area where numbers are supposed to be are completely blank. I guess I have been just using the infotainment display to change my temp, as has my wife  and never noticed numbers are blank. Anyone else notice this. Is there an on off switch for this display?

1 hour ago, Tl99cobra said:

Btw, I have a 2021 gt. Wondering if they got rid of the temp display 2021.

2021 models don't have them. It has been discussed in this forum. They were eliminated in the US models . Maybe BL still have them. The foreign versions still have them though. 

2 hours ago, Wheeling said:

2021 models don't have them. It has been discussed in this forum. They were eliminated in the US models . Maybe BL still have them. The foreign versions still have them though. 

I missed that.  How do you see the temp to adjust it?

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I missed that.  How do you see the temp to adjust it?

I think the OP is talking about the temperature display in the control unit right above the levels to change the temperature setting. One for eth drive and one for the passenger, the 2020 models have them and they indeed look nice. Now the two windows becomes black void. It is a downgrade, although the temperatures still display in the screen.

18 hours ago, Wheeling said:

I think the OP is talking about the temperature display in the control unit right above the levels to change the temperature setting. One for eth drive and one for the passenger, the 2020 models have them and they indeed look nice. Now the two windows becomes black void. It is a downgrade, although the temperatures still display in the screen.

Both temps are set at 65 in this photo... the numbers are partially blocked at this angle taken from the back seat.  They do look nice and are convenient and shouldn't have been deleted.  Some other decontenting for '21...  adaptive steering is no longer available on any trim level and the soft close doors were made exclusive to Black Label trims only.

1611620869005_0_20200416_223745~3.jpg

Edited by CoolScoop

22 minutes ago, 92merc said:

That's just sad.  Have they already done this to the Corsair too?  Looks like the similar panel to me.

I rely on those numbers on my Escape to set the temp.

The temps are on the sync 3 screen.  The ones on the climate panel were redundant.

4 minutes ago, 92merc said:

I almost always have my tunes playing in full screen.  On my Sync2 I can't see the tunes screen and temp at the same time.  Not that I can recall at least.  I may have never paid attention since I can see it on my climate control panel.

I get it for MFT but sync 3 always displays the temperature on the screen.  My MKX never had any temp display other than the screen.  On the Aviator it was always redundant.