Coming Soon: Bronco Warthog

We knew it was coming, but it is coming SOON.

After nearly getting pushed to MY23, Warthog will now be unveiled within the next few months as a MY22 option. Annual production is expected to be around 16,000 units.

How soon will we see it? A handfull of Warthog units will be built at MAP in the very, very, very near term. 

Those of you up that way, keep your eyes peeled in the next few weeks. ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I see them flying up and down the coast of the Detroit River now and then coming out of Selfridge ANG. 

To all you Hog fans, Mass Air guard used to have them and they were based  at Barnes Airport- a small field right along side Mass Pike west of Springfield.  One day I saw two take off at same time, side by side.  Quite a sight!

Article in yesterday's WSJ about keeping B-52's in service until at least 2050 with all kinds of upgrades-new engines, instruments-all analog now-and new weapons systems.  By then the oldest will have been in service 90 years!  I guess airframes are the key.

Get a feeling the Hogs will be in that same boat-they tried to kill them once and John McCain testified in congress in defense of the hog and told the opposition they basically were full of shit!

1 minute ago, Bob Rosadini said:

To all you Hog fans, Mass Air guard used to have them and they were based  at Barnes Airport- a small field right along side Mass Pike west of Springfield.  One day I saw two take off at same time, side by side.  Quite a sight!

Article in yesterday's WSJ about keeping B-52's in service until at least 2050 with all kinds of upgrades-new engines, instruments-all analog now-and new weapons systems.  By then the oldest will have been in service 90 years!  I guess airframes are the key.

Get a feeling the Hogs will be in that same boat-they tried to kill them once and John McCain testified in congress in defense of the hog and told the opposition they basically were full of shit!

With their brand new wings, that shouldn't be hard at all.

9 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Quite a plane. That 30 MM gatling gun will chew up some T-72's for sure. 6" worth of armor with the Depleted Uranium projectile.

Edited by SteelyD
grammar
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

We knew it was coming, but it is coming SOON.

After nearly getting pushed to MY23, Warthog will now be unveiled within the next few months as a MY22 option. Annual production is expected to be around 16,000 units.

How soon will we see it? A handfull of Warthog units will be built at MAP in the very, very, very near term. 

Those of you up that way, keep your eyes peeled in the next few weeks. ?

Im sorry...but lets get the first run of regular Broncos released first before just adding to the confusion.....especially with a HALO model that's basically 2 years away from hitting lots... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

Im sorry...but lets get the first run of regular Broncos released first before just adding to the confusion.....especially with a HALO model that's basically 2 years away from hitting lots... 

Two years? 2022 is next year. 

If anything this going to be a late spring/summer launch of next year. 

Any hints on the motor its getting? Hybird or they just going the 3.5L EB Route or something all together?

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Any hints on the motor its getting? Hybird or they just going the 3.5L EB Route or something all together?

A little birdie told me something. Something awesome.

You're gonna have to wait and see what it is 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

mark my words...Fords release dates and roll outs mirror Celsius to Fahrenheit….double it and add 30...I will be happy to admit Im wrong, but based on how they have handled their most recent releases and consequent delay after delay, I wouldn't be surprised if the Warthog is a 2023.....amd late summer next year is basically 18 months or so anyway...Ill watch from the rear seats...