Stacking Exclusive Cash Offer or PCO with other offer

pig9r

I have a F250 on order and have a $2k PCO from Ford I am planning on using.  I also qualify for $500 first responder discount - which is looks to be a private offer and means it can’t be stacked with the $2k.  I called Ford marketing and they confirmed both are considered private offers; however, they said they are not necessarily mutually exclusive that it is up to the dealer if they want to accept both, but wouldn’t say if Ford ultimately pays or if the dealer eats the $500.  Before I bring this up to my dealer, anyone been successful with using both or anyone that works at a dealer have any insight on how to pull this off?  Many thanks!  

I was able to use a $750 PCO and also the First Responder discount together, along with a few other rebates, back in 2018 with my Lincoln Dealer.  I would assume that your Ford dealer wouldn't let a sale go over another $500 off,  but nothing is for sure at a dealership.

1 hour ago, fusionff said:

I was able to use a $750 PCO and also the First Responder discount together, along with a few other rebates, back in 2018 with my Lincoln Dealer.  I would assume that your Ford dealer wouldn't let a sale go over another $500 off,  but nothing is for sure at a dealership.

Good to know.  One thing right now is that nothing is for sure at the dealership or anywhere else?.

6 minutes ago, pig9r said:

Good to know.  One thing right now is that nothing is for sure at the dealership or anywhere else?.

The dealer should be able to enter everything into Vincent and it should show whether that’s allowed.  Seems like it should be.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, akirby said:

The dealer should be able to enter everything into Vincent and it should show whether that’s allowed.  Seems like it should be.

Technically it is not allowed because both are private offers, but dealer can approve.  If I could find out if Ford pays both if the dealer takes them it makes it easier for me to push back if I am told no at the dealer I have my order at.  Problem is buyers don’t have much leverage right now.

59 minutes ago, pig9r said:

Technically it is not allowed because both are private offers, but dealer can approve.  If I could find out if Ford pays both if the dealer takes them it makes it easier for me to push back if I am told no at the dealer I have my order at.  Problem is buyers don’t have much leverage right now.

It does say not available with other private offers so I think you’re SOL, but $2K is a great PCO - they’re usually only $750.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/18/2021 at 6:47 PM, todd270 said:

Someone theorized that in today's climate, it's unlikely we'll see many incentives or PCOs.  Just way more demand than supply right now.  But, considering I just ordered a F-250, I hope they're wrong.

I highly doubt we'll see more PCOs at this time. There's no inventory anywhere, trucks are selling above MSRP sometimes, etc.