Aviator Pricing

Ufnavy06

Hey new here and just got done driving a high end reserve I with a low end grand touring.  My wife and I are leaning towards the reserve but we're curious what kind of pricing others are getting on their Aviators.  

Dealer has this one listed at $65.5k (ocean blue, reserve I, convience package, luxury package, tow package, 22" rims) and sticker is $70,055.  Is $4500 the going discount or should I be able to do better?  Thanks!

Edited by Ufnavy06
Driving vs comparing

15 hours ago, Ufnavy06 said:

Hey new here and just got done driving a high end reserve I with a low end grand touring.  My wife and I are leaning towards the reserve but we're curious what kind of pricing others are getting on their Aviators.  

If you're comparing prices with the Grand Touring, you will also get a $6,534 tax credit on the GT models when you file your taxes next year... so you need to factor that into the total purchase price.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 12:28 PM, CoolScoop said:

If you're comparing prices with the Grand Touring, you will also get a $6,534 tax credit on the GT models when you file your taxes next year... so you need to factor that into the total purchase price.

Oh we definitely did.  You also have to factor in the cost of AWD since the Reserves we've looked at are RWD.  That also plays into the fuel consumption calculation.

The thing you have to watch out for is the tax credit hasn't been calculated in the purchase price; meaning you're still paying interest on that $6,534 until you get your rebate.  Which if we buy now, is next year.  So ~12 months at whatever the interest rate is.  We're very familiar with the tax credit as we have a PHEV now.

I'd been searching for over two months for an Aviator for my wife.  She had an X-Plan PIN and specific demands for color and equipment.  We were almost ready to order when I found one on the dealer's website as an "inbound" vehicle and began email negotiations with the sales manager that sold us her last Lincoln. Starting at X-Plan, we still tried to negotiate a lower price.  He said the lowest he would go was X-Plan (plus a $1K factory incentive) for two reasons: first, Aviators are their best-selling vehicle and new units are either sold right after arriving or even before as with our purchase; and second, given the chip situation, they probably weren't going to get as many more as they could sell.  

The day we went in to pick it up, he told us that he already had two parties interested in buying it if we didn't.   It is a sweet vehicle; and, unlike my Expedition, the hands-free lift gate actually works like its supposed to!

Happy wife... 

IMG_0913.HEIC.jpeg

• Like 1