2022 Lincoln Aviator Production Information

ice-capades

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the updated scheduling and production timetable for the 2021/2022MY Lincoln Aviator.

• 03/05/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 03/11/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 05/30/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 04/15/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 06/01/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

The 2022 Lincoln Aviator Order Guide will be uploaded to the Order Guides Section as soon as it is available.

54 minutes ago, escapeman said:

Hey Ice.  Any idea why the 2021 model year is a short run?  Production did not begin till October . With 2022 production beginning in June does this mean a long model year run , with a transition to a NEW Aviator for 2023? 

Anybody's guess at this point but interesting that no schedule has been released yet for the 2022MY Explorer. 

Can someone tell me where to find the 2021 aviator grand.

touring.  Talking to dealer today and he advised that he may not be able get me the aviator grand touring.  But in the meantime I want to build the aviator grand touring hybrid

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Ice-capades is there any new info on 2022 Aviator order timing.   I was headed into the dealership next week to order and they claimed no knowledge of the abbreviated 2021 production run.   I’d prefer to wait a couple weeks and order a 2022.  Thanks

On 2/1/2021 at 6:36 AM, escapeman said:

Any idea why the 2021 model year is a short run?  Production did not begin till October . With 2022 production beginning in June does this mean a long model year run , with a transition to a NEW Aviator for 2023? 

They are probably trying to get back on the original production schedule. The original Job #1 date for the 2020 MY was 05/2019.  But due to the botched launch and Covid the 2020 MY was extended, making 2021 a short year.  If that's the case, the 2022 Order Guide should be out later this month after the Order Banks open.

21 hours ago, NaplesMKX said:

Ice-capades is there any new info on 2022 Aviator order timing.   I was headed into the dealership next week to order and they claimed no knowledge of the abbreviated 2021 production run.   I’d prefer to wait a couple weeks and order a 2022.  Thanks

No information available on the 2022MY Aviator until the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens on 03/15/2021. The 2022 Lincoln Aviator Order Guide should be available on or about the same time and will be uploaded to the Dealer Order Guides section as soon as it's been released to Dealers. 

27 minutes ago, NaplesMKX said:

Thanks Ice - I was most interested in the firmness of your published dates.   I can wait until the USOB opens on 3/15, but the dealer was clueless and was claiming 2022 Job #1 in the fall.

Those are the official dates as of now.  Obviously Ford could change them.  Any dealer saying job 1 in the fall is completely clueless.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NaplesMKX said:

Thanks Ice - I was most interested in the firmness of your published dates.   I can wait until the USOB opens on 3/15, but the dealer was clueless and was claiming 2022 Job #1 in the fall.

you would be amazed at how little dealers know about production dates. One guy I talked to recently tried to tell me they were expecting a Broncos to be delivered to customers any day now. I asked him if he meant sport and he did not. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him I work on the Bronco line and I knew he was full of shit.  I went to a different dealer. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

you would be amazed at how little dealers know about production dates. One guy I talked to recently tried to tell me they were expecting a Broncos to be delivered to customers any day now. I asked him if he meant sport and he did not. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him I work on the Bronco line and I knew he was full of shit.  I went to a different dealer. 

Well, the "any day now" excuse is very similar to whether or not the groundhog sees his shadow....spring is "just around the corner" or "six more weeks of winter" seem to always equate to the same length of time no matter what Phil sees or doesn't see...lol

21 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Well, the "any day now" excuse is very similar to whether or not the groundhog sees his shadow....spring is "just around the corner" or "six more weeks of winter" seem to always equate to the same length of time no matter what Phil sees or doesn't see...lol

He was convinced it would be within the next 2 weeks... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

He was convinced it would be within the next 2 weeks... 

It's amazing that dealerships don't share that info with their sales team.   It's all right there in the system as Ice-Capades has pointed out time and time again.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, akirby said:

It's amazing that dealerships don't share that info with their sales team.   It's all right there in the system as Ice-Capades has pointed out time and time again.

At the dealership level, "Sell what you see" plays a large part in keeping the sales staff dumbed down. If the store is sitting on 100+ day's of a model, they might not want to share with their sales staff that the new MY can be ordered in a week or two.

On 2/2/2021 at 6:23 PM, hjr007 said:

Can someone tell me where to find the 2021 aviator grand.

touring.  Talking to dealer today and he advised that he may not be able get me the aviator grand touring.  But in the meantime I want to build the aviator grand touring hybrid

Thanks in advance

DONT DO IT!!!!! You will regret it, don't get it because it is garbage..  That battery only lasts 20 miles in electric mode, not even worth putting a speed charger on your house.  Plus, the quality of these vehicles is piss poor at best. They still cannot make the aviators and explorers right.  Trust me; we are not making these nasty posts up, but hey, if you really gotta have it, do the needful.

On 3/12/2021 at 12:53 AM, BigAl77 said:

DONT DO IT!!!!! You will regret it, don't get it because it is garbage..  That battery only lasts 20 miles in electric mode, not even worth putting a speed charger on your house.  Plus, the quality of these vehicles is piss poor at best. They still cannot make the aviators and explorers right.  Trust me; we are not making these nasty posts up, but hey, if you really gotta have it, do the needful.

DO IT!!!!!...  we absolutely love ours and have had zero issues with it since taking delivery a year ago, and our retail order was the first GT my dealer recieved!  Since then they have been ordering/selling as many GTs as they can get and the GM always tries to keep several in stock.  However, I do agree that Lincoln could do a much better job of taking care of those who have had issues.

Edited by CoolScoop

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lbacker said:

Just visited a dealer and inquired about placing an order. With the supply chain delays he said the dealer is quoting a year from order to delivery. I didn’t press him on this but is that bs?

Hi Lbacker. I would check with at least two other Dealers to see if their stories match.

Although ice-capades can probably give a better answer to this one, my thoughts are: Delayed? Yes. A year? No. In my opinion, the Dealer you spoke to is trying to steer you towards buying a vehicle he has in stock. But that is only an opinion.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We've recently been notified by our dealer that the 2021 Aviator Reserve that we had on order (ordered 6 weeks ago) has been moved to a 2022 production model due to "allocation issues".  We just received an updated order acknowledgement form that puts our PRIORITY:  10.  Any idea how long that takes to make once production starts?   Days?  Weeks?  Months?

Even after production starts, new model-year vehicles generally are not shipped until a pre-determined time frame passes during which completed vehicles leaving the line are deemed to be "satisfactory."  Then, with vehicles being built pending chips etc,, who knows what the waiting period would/could be.  Your advantage is that you are price-locked in the event that the '22s incur a price increase and you will not take a year's depreciation until after the first full year of ownership.  Hopefully Lincoln won't continue to downgrade Aviator content again in '22.  And, priority 10 is the best a dealer can assign to a vehicle.  

Ordering a vehicle is very different in the days of chip shortages.  One of my sons placed an order for a 2021 F-150 Platinum pickup in February, and that vehicle order has yet to be picked up by the factory for production.  It could be a supply or dealer allotment issue, but going on two months is a real stretch.