2022 Lincoln Aviator Production Information

ice-capades

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the updated scheduling and production timetable for the 2021/2022MY Lincoln Aviator.

• 03/05/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 03/11/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 08/30/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 06/17/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 08/30/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

I have an Retail order date of May 4,2021 for a 2022 Grand Touring.  The order has Priority Code 10 and an Order Code 4780.  The dealer has no information on the scheduling of production for this vehicle.  Is there any way to find out anything more concerning its scheduling?

I've spoken to 3 dealers in North Jersey/NYC area.

1) No Aviator production at all due to chip shortage

2) Sep/Oct timeframe

3) Oct/Nov timeframe

I am not sure how they expect to make sales if they can't even give a date. Lastly, dealer #1 said Lincoln is covering the 1st payment but wasn't real clear on conditions.

56 minutes ago, sagosto said:

I've spoken to 3 dealers in North Jersey/NYC area.

1) No Aviator production at all due to chip shortage

2) Sep/Oct timeframe

3) Oct/Nov timeframe

I am not sure how they expect to make sales if they can't even give a date. Lastly, dealer #1 said Lincoln is covering the 1st payment but wasn't real clear on conditions.

They can’t give you dates that they don’t know.  If you try to order furniture or appliances they tell you to expect at least a 6 month wait.  They have to prioritize whatever chips they do get.  

1 hour ago, akirby said:

They can’t give you dates that they don’t know.  If you try to order furniture or appliances they tell you to expect at least a 6 month wait.  They have to prioritize whatever chips they do get.  

Other manufacturers are able to give dates. But the real issue is the different 'date' depending on who I talk to.

Edited by sagosto

1 hour ago, sagosto said:

Other manufacturers are able to give dates. But the real issue is the different 'date' depending on who I talk to.

Other mfrs didn’t have a chip factory fire,  Ford can’t give a date at this point so what you’re getting is just each dealer’s guess,  If you want a date then I’d say expect to wait 6 months.  

11 hours ago, akirby said:

Other mfrs didn’t have a chip factory fire,  Ford can’t give a date at this point so what you’re getting is just each dealer’s guess,  If you want a date then I’d say expect to wait 6 months.  

Spoke to a sales manager/associate at #1 above and it's 4 months for a 2022. So, another date. :)

48 minutes ago, sagosto said:

Spoke to a sales manager/associate at #1 above and it's 4 months for a 2022. So, another date. :)

It is certainly a moving target this year across Ford, which is definitely not normal.  Normally, your order would be scheduled in a week or two, for a build week 6-8 weeks later.

I believe they are still prioritizing customer (retail) orders over dealer inventory (stock) orders.

My 2022 Aviator Order Time Line  (Posting here to provide an idea of the time frame for others considering an Aviator. )

4/13/21 Order Date

6/24/21 Dealer Informed me Order was scheduled for Build Week 8/9/21

7/15/21 Forum Vehicle Tracking Inquiry shows now scheduled for Build Week 9/7/21

8/07/21 Dealer confirmed Build Week remains 9/7/21

Edited by jgonza5
added 8/7 update
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KyleV said:

Just got notified build week moved from sept 7 to august 31 week. 

we were going to make changes to the build but are told it may significantly delay production so may leave it. 

Any changes to a scheduled order are sent to the plant for approval with confirmation or rejection within 48 hours. Accepted changes normally delay the scheduled production by a week but with the microchip shortage, supplier issues and interrupted plant schedules the revised production week could be delayed longer than a week. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 12:48 PM, aviator47 said:

Just received email from Lincoln for my 2022 Aviator Reserve.  Production schedule date is week of October 4th.  They included a VIN number and a tracking link.  Originally accepted order May 8th.  

Good news. I just received an updated date of the week of September 6th. 

• Like 2

FWIW, here's the timeline so far for my 2022 Aviator Reserve.

30-Mar-2021:  Order placed at local Lincoln dealership
30-Mar-2021:  Order confirmed via e-mail from Lincoln Motor Company
30-Jun-2021:  Confirmed status -- In Order Processing - Unscheduled - Clean
29-Jul-2021:  Scheduled for production week of 27-Sep-2021 (e-mail from Lincoln)
29-Jul-2021:  Assigned VIN:  5LM5J7XC4NGLxxxxx
05-Aug-2021:  Production week changed to week of 06-Sep-2021 (e-mail from Lincoln)

Hopefully, this info will be helpful to someone.

• Like 2