2022 Lincoln Aviator Production Information

ice-capades

38 minutes ago, alterbridge86 said:

Envious of everyone getting build dates!

Anyone have a '22 GT order with a VIN and date yet? Our order went in back in mid-June but haven't heard a peep since. Checked with the dealer after seeing a bunch of folks get scheduled but they said no update yet unfortunately.

If you have your order number and VIN number, you can go to the Lincoln vehicle order tracking site to check the status.  Your dealer can provide the order number and VIN number and perhaps even tell you if your vehicle has been scheduled.

I ordered a Corsair Grand Touring on July 5.  According to my dealer it is to be built the week of September 6.  The website shows my order has been secured and shows the VIN but it doesn't show any other status.  My understanding is it won't update until just prior to the build.

https://shop.lincoln.com/vehicle-order-tracking#/status

Edited by RedHoncho01
correct spelling
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RedHoncho01 said:

If you have your order number and VIN number, you can go to the Lincoln vehicle order tracking site to check the status.  Your dealer can provide the order number and VIN number and perhaps even tell you if your vehicle has been scheduled.

I ordered a Corsair Grand Touring on July 5.  According to my dealer it is to be built the week of September 6.  The website shows my order has been secured and shows the VIN but it doesn't show any other status.  My understanding is it won't update until just prior to the build.

https://shop.lincoln.com/vehicle-order-tracking#/status

Unfortunately no VIN has been assigned or build week scheduled yet, so the tracking link doesn't help at the moment. Thanks for the link though, I've saved that for once I do get a VIN!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get any updates about production. Okay was told last month that the truck would go into production this week but my dealer is now completely quiet with no updates. 

I did have the order number and vin but not able to track on Lincoln site since in Canada. 

3 hours ago, KyleV said:

Anyone get any updates about production. Okay was told last month that the truck would go into production this week but my dealer is now completely quiet with no updates. 

I did have the order number and vin but not able to track on Lincoln site since in Canada. 

Next week should be the first week of '22 production. If you're order is scheduled for next week I think your dealer should have info on being scheduled to a specific day early next week.

Edited by alterbridge86

30 minutes ago, alterbridge86 said:

Next week should be the first week of '22 production. If you're order is scheduled for next week I think your dealer should have info on being scheduled to a specific day early next week.

Thank you!

Any thoughts to timeline from production date to delivery at dealer? Located in Toronto. 

8 hours ago, KyleV said:

Thank you!

Any thoughts to timeline from production date to delivery at dealer? Located in Toronto. 

Not sure on that one, in general after the vehicle is produced it'll get loaded on to a rail car then the time it takes to get to your dealer is just a matter of train transit time plus vehicle carrier availability from the terminal to your dealer.

Aviators are produced in Chicago, so it'll be train time from Chicago to Toronto. Maybe someone else who has had a vehicle delivered to Toronto area can chime in with a better time estimate ?.

I have a 2022 Aviator Reserve with order accepted 5/8. It was scheduled for production week of 10/4  and changed to 9/6. Today I used the track my vehicle from the email I received.  It now says your vehicle is in production at one of our plants and says use link to see sticker. The sticker is not available yet but hopefully the car is either in production or getting close 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aviator47 said:

I have a 2022 Aviator Reserve with order accepted 5/8. It was scheduled for production week of 10/4  and changed to 9/6. Today I used the track my vehicle from the email I received.  It now says your vehicle is in production at one of our plants and says use link to see sticker. The sticker is not available yet but hopefully the car is either in production or getting close 

That's awesome, congrats! That sticker should be available soon, I think they usually show up either during or right after production.

On 8/31/2021 at 12:47 PM, aviator47 said:

We ordered our BL Aviator mid-June and also got an update for production “scheduled to day” of Sept 9th.  Had the same issue where the window sticker isn’t available yet even though the site says to check it out.  

Our salesman said that the window sticker does not usually become available until just after the vehicle is completed. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aerodrum89 said:

We ordered our BL Aviator mid-June and also got an update for production “scheduled to day” of Sept 9th.  Had the same issue where the window sticker isn’t available yet even though the site says to check it out.  

Our salesman said that the window sticker does not usually become available until just after the vehicle is completed. 

1 hour ago, mkiiina said:

Window sticker for mine is up!  Scheduled for 9/6.  May not tell the wife and just surprise her at this point.

Of course the same day I post that my window sticker hasn’t posted yet - it posted!  

Just went to hit refresh after dinner and it was there.  After some googling, I believe the build date is 8/31.  According to some sites, you can see the build date in the bottom center box with “SPECIAL ORDER” as the last 6 digits listed. 

I'm going to the dealer on Friday to get service on my Edge and will check to see if the Lincoln dealer system shows any updated dates. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aerodrum89 said:

Of course the same day I post that my window sticker hasn’t posted yet - it posted!  

Just went to hit refresh after dinner and it was there.  After some googling, I believe the build date is 8/31.  According to some sites, you can see the build date in the bottom center box with “SPECIAL ORDER” as the last 6 digits listed. 

I'm going to the dealer on Friday to get service on my Edge and will check to see if the Lincoln dealer system shows any updated dates. 

Hi aerodrum. Just as an FYI - Build dates are not listed on the window sticker. The dates listed on the sticker are simply various administrative dates of no importance to the prospective owner.

Generally, (pre-pandemic), if a sticker just became available last night, the vehicle would normally be produced in the following 2-10 days. But again, that was pre-pandemic, so "normal" is still not normal yet.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi aerodrum. Just as an FYI - Build dates are not listed on the window sticker. The dates listed on the sticker are simply various administrative dates of no importance to the prospective owner.

Generally, (pre-pandemic), if a sticker just became available last night, the vehicle would normally be produced in the following 2-10 days. But again, that was pre-pandemic, so "normal" is still not normal yet.

Good luck.

Actually I believe the “Blend” number at the top of the sticker shows your build date….see F150 link here. 

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/window-stickers-explained.517/

8 minutes ago, Ockain said:

Actually I believe the “Blend” number at the top of the sticker shows your build date….see F150 link here. 

I was kind of wondering that myself with the blend number as that would line up with my "expected" build date of 9/6/21, which would be labor day....  Hm wonder if that will get bumped a day or 2 heh.

2 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Good luck.

Thanks!  Ultimately, it’ll show up when it shows up.  But it’s still fun playing guessing games until keys are in hand ?

2 hours ago, Ockain said:

I was under the impression that the "Blend" number was your scheduled build date as well. I'm sure they won't regenerate a window sticker if something happens last minute and the build gets pushed, but I think that at least when the sticker is generated that was the anticipated build date.

Either way stoked to see everyone getting their window stickers and '22s finally getting built! Can't wait to see some real life pics when they start landing in driveways, and for our order to move out of unscheduled/clean status (hopefully soon so I can join the window sticker party lol).

• Like 3

Wooo finally received a VIN and confirmation on build week courtesy of cyberdman in the order tracking subforum. We're scheduled for week of 10/25 currently.

Also for those interested in overall timeline now that I can use the order tracking site with our VIN I can see a little more detail, including the fact that the order was in fact submitted on June 16. This was immediately after Ford notified my dealer that the '21 order we had in would be cancelled and to re-order as a '22.  However I also know that the order verification (copy of license) was not done until July 30, so not sure how that may have affected order processing/scheduling. Either way, stoked to finally have a date and some movement on the order!

• Like 1

Order tracking for my 2022 Aviator Reserve popped up estimated delivery date today of 10/8. Production date was scheduled for 9/6. Shows no progress for production but dealer says tracking system says Stage 2 production. Order accepted 5/8 and originally scheduled for 10/4. Changed to production for week of 9/6. Progress!

12 minutes ago, aviator47 said:

Order tracking for my 2022 Aviator Reserve popped up estimated delivery date today of 10/8. Production date was scheduled for 9/6. Shows no progress for production but dealer says tracking system says Stage 2 production. Order accepted 5/8 and originally scheduled for 10/4. Changed to production for week of 9/6. Progress!

Stage 2 production? That's a new one!

I ordered my 2022 Aviator on March 30. Since then, I have been tracking order status to the best of my ability and with the assistance of cyberdman here at Blue Oval Forums. According to cyberdman's most recent order-status update, "It says it was scheduled to start production on 09/07, but that is it, nothing more yet.  It doesn't say it was started even."

This morning, I checked status online and discovered that expected delivery is now October 9, but there's still no indication this Aviator has been produced. My situation is similar to that of aviator47 in the post above. Perhaps there's a communications glitch between the Chicago Assembly Plant and the Lincoln order-status system?

FWIW, here's a summary of my order status and timeline thus far:

30-Mar-2021:  Order confirmed via e-mail from Lincoln
30-Jun-2021:  In Order Processing - Unscheduled - Clean Mar-30-2021, 13:58 EDT
26-Jul-2021:  Confirmed no change in status
29-Jul-2021:  Scheduled for production week of 27-Sep-2021 (e-mail from Lincoln)
29-Jul-2021:  Assigned VIN:  5LM5J7XC4NGLxxxxx
05-Aug-2021:  Production week changed to week of 06-Sep-2021 (e-mail from Lincoln)
01-Sep-2021:  Window sticker generated
01-Sep-2021:  Blend date assigned; production scheduled for 07-Sep-2021
10-Sep-2021:  Order status now indicates expected delivery on 09-Oct-2021

• Like 1