2022 Lincoln Aviator Production Information

ice-capades

10 hours ago, TexasRedneck said:

From what I've been given to understand, the site doesn't always update properly.  Having spoken w/the Concierge at length yesterday, I'm less than enthused with their "knowledge" about things going on in the factory.  I think the folks here that are updating are a better/more reliable source than anyone else.

I can confirm the Lincoln order-status tracking system isn't working. According to the system, my 2022 Aviator status has been stuck on "Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer" since 9/19/2021.

I'm fortunate to have contacts within the shipping industry and by providing my Aviator's VIN, I was able to obtain status of "Shipped 9/19/201" from Norfolk Southern Railroad. Also got the rail-car number on which my Aviator is riding and used the Norfolk Southern Touch-Trace system to confirm that my Aviator arrived and was unloaded at my local railroad freight depot on 9/29/2021.

I know that United Road Logistics handles transport of vehicles from the railroad freight depot to my dealer, so I called my contact there today (10/1/2021). Again using my Aviator's VIN, I was able to confirm that my Aviator is awaiting pickup at the local railroad freight depot.

Without a doubt, the Lincoln order-status tracking system isn't working (at least for my Aviator). What's more, the dealership's Vehicle Visibility System also shows "Awaiting shipment" as the current status and does not provide a rail-car number as it should.

I hope this info is helpful to those of you who are in the dark while waiting patiently for delivery of your 2022 Aviator.

• Like 1

I am beyond frustrated.  I have a 2022 Lincoln Aviator.  It went into production on 9/8.  Tracking says completed 10/8.  Tracking also says estimated delivery 10/8.  I just got off the phone with Concierge (again) and they have no information other than it shows in production and not released to ship.  I asked if there was any way to escalate to get more information... answer NO.  Dealer shows same information with estimated delivery date between 10/2 and 10/8.  Their tracking shows production complete.  The lack of information is really poor.  I have tried every avenue I can find.  I received a reply from Employees forum with the same status.  This vehicle was ordered and accepted by Lincoln on 5/8.

Mine seems to be the only one that tracking looks to be working.  Blend 9/6, built 9/8, shipped 9/25, est arrival 10/11 (just moved up from 10/12 this am).  Have confirmed with our dealer that it will be here next week.

Fingers crossed the timeline stays true.

16 minutes ago, mkiiina said:

Mine seems to be the only one that tracking looks to be working.  Blend 9/6, built 9/8, shipped 9/25, est arrival 10/11 (just moved up from 10/12 this am).  Have confirmed with our dealer that it will be here next week.

Do you mind if I amicably hate you?  LOL  Ordered ours last week of July, posted 8/5, scheduled for build this week...  Enjoy it when you get it!

Welp, sure enough, shortly after posting that, got a call from the dealer.  Showed up on today's truck.  Guess my luck is holding.  Tomorrow will be paperwork and potentially driving it home!

For those wondering, I'm in Dallas (so howdy to all the other Texans on here).

@TexasRedneck now you can hate heh....

Edited by mkiiina
  • Haha 1

UPDATE: My 2022 Aviator finally arrived at my dealership yesterday (10/4)! Pending timely and successful dealer prep, I expect to take delivery tomorrow (10/6).

BTW, the Lincoln Order Tracking System and the dealer's Vehicle Visibility Report indicated status as "awaiting shipment" since 9/19 -- even when the vehicle was in transit. It remained "awaiting shipment" until my Aviator actually arrived at the dealership.

Yesterday, the Lincoln Order Tracking System milestone dates updated upon arrival of my Aviator. Here's what it says now:

Order Confirmed: 3/30/201
In Production: 9/9/2021
Built: 1/1/1980 (yes, more than 40 years ago)
Shipped: 9/19/202
Delivery: 10/4/2021

For sure, something's hinky with the tracking system. But all's well that ends well.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 9:18 PM, TexasRedneck said:

Our sticker just popped up today w/10/9 as the date on top....keep me posted on yours - it'll be interesting to see how long after build it takes to get to the dealership!

As of this morning online status changed to "in production 10/5" and now I have an estimated delivery date of 10/31 which was NA before.  Hoping it arrives earlier than that since that'll miss the wife's birthday.  This is for a fully loaded Reserve white monochromatic btw.  Shipping to Georgia.   

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 2:17 PM, getlost22 said:

As of this morning online status changed to "in production 10/5" and now I have an estimated delivery date of 10/31 which was NA before.  Hoping it arrives earlier than that since that'll miss the wife's birthday.  This is for a fully loaded Reserve white monochromatic btw.  Shipping to Georgia.   

Update from dealer.  Car is done and sitting on ramp in Chicago but the estimated delivery date to dealer here in GA is the week of 10/25-10/30

This process is unbelievable. 2022 Aviator Reserve ordered 5/8. Scheduled for production 10/4 moved to 9/6. Blend date 9/6. Production started 9/8. Production completed and estimated delivery both 10/8 on tracker. On 10/8 estimated delivery changed to N/A. On 10/9 estimated delivery changed to 11/2.  This looks like aviator’s with rear console are sitting in a parking lot waiting for rear console after being built.  Not even a chip problem just poor planning. 

3 hours ago, aviator47 said:

This process is unbelievable.  Not even a chip problem just poor planning. 

I do residential water treatment.  You want to see supply chain problems?  Underbedding (#20 flint), resin - even the garbage junk we won't normally buy, tanks from every source, pretty much anything made from plastic - it's ALL been affected.  At one point, even salt was almost impossible to find.  Sometimes, it's the product itself - other times, it's getting it trucked in.  This past winter, I drove to Dallas to get a shipment from the UPS hub terminal (thank heavens for friends within UPS), because the shortage of drivers was such that they couldn't get a shipment one of my key vendors needed, so I went up and brought it back for them so I could have what *I* needed.  Most don't realize, but when the Texas Gulf Coast got hit with the freeze earlier this year, the resultant plant shut-downs essentially destroyed the plastic resin sources to the point that PVC pipe fitting manufacturers (among many others) put many of their customers on severely limited parts availability so folks couldn't hog it all to themselves.

• Like 1

Newest problem with Lincoln tracking.  My 2022 Aviator ordered 5/8 and started production 9/8. Still shows in production with estimated delivery of 11/2.  I have been watching the sticker since production started. Yesterday when. I tried to check the sticker  it says the sticker has not been released yet. I do think it may be waiting for rear console. Concierge has no information nor does the dealer. Approaching 6 months. 

2 hours ago, aviator47 said:

Newest problem with Lincoln tracking.  My 2022 Aviator ordered 5/8 and started production 9/8. Still shows in production with estimated delivery of 11/2.  I have been watching the sticker since production started. Yesterday when. I tried to check the sticker  it says the sticker has not been released yet. I do think it may be waiting for rear console. Concierge has no information nor does the dealer. Approaching 6 months. 

IIRC, they didn't start any builds until late summer.  Have you provided the order number and VIN to the guys here to see what they can tell you?   Based ONLY on what I've seen here, it sounds to me like it's actually been shipped, and is in transit.

• 4 weeks later...

Received new Aviator on 10/29.  Has taken a while to figure out all of the new features and controls.  Car waited about 3 weeks from production for rear console.  We love it.  Only problem we have found is the height will not adjust for the rear lift door.  We will get service to look at it when my license plates come in.  Gas mileage is surprising.  We are getting about 21 mpg on regular with mostly in town driving.  Only thing we did not notice before is with such a large turbocharged engine it is louder than I expected in lower gears.  The sound insulation is great.  It is interesting to see insulation under the hood on the side and the almost cloth like lining in the wheel wells.  Glad it is finally here.

Congrats!  Although I might comment that the general rule is that you haven't REALLY taken delivery until you've posted a pic here...lol  I don't worry about the mileage, personally - my wife lived in Germany for 9 years and drove some fairly hot performance cars - she gutted the front drive train on her Pontiac GTP three times with her lead foot.?

Enjoy!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Rafa13 said:

How can I get more information on my order? I placed my order 01NOV2021 and when I call the Lincoln Concierge, they just told me that the order is procesing, that it. Really!!!!

It just means it hasn’t been scheduled to build yet.  Be patient - some vehicles are taking 6 months or longer.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, MyNewAviator said:

Hey Ice,

Ordered my Aviator Feb 16, still no build date. Preview Order 1033, Type retail, Priority Code 19. Is there a way to tell when it might be slotted to build?

Start by talking to your Dealer and making them do their job! You might ask them how many unscheduled Aviator retail orders are ahead of you and whether they'll change your priority code. Retail order priority codes are 10-19, 19 is the default code in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system with priority code 10 being the best. Your Dealer needs to manually change the priority code in WBDO.