Jump to content





ice-capades

2022 Lincoln Aviator Production Information

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Exit32 said:

I ordered my 2022 Aviator on March 30. Since then, I have been tracking order status to the best of my ability and with the assistance of cyberdman here at Blue Oval Forums. According to cyberdman's most recent order-status update, "It says it was scheduled to start production on 09/07, but that is it, nothing more yet.  It doesn't say it was started even."

 

This morning, I checked status online and discovered that expected delivery is now October 9, but there's still no indication this Aviator has been produced. My situation is similar to that of aviator47 in the post above. Perhaps there's a communications glitch between the Chicago Assembly Plant and the Lincoln order-status system?

 

FWIW, here's a summary of my order status and timeline thus far:

 

30-Mar-2021:  Order confirmed via e-mail from Lincoln
30-Jun-2021:  In Order Processing - Unscheduled - Clean Mar-30-2021, 13:58 EDT
26-Jul-2021:  Confirmed no change in status
29-Jul-2021:  Scheduled for production week of 27-Sep-2021 (e-mail from Lincoln)
29-Jul-2021:  Assigned VIN:  5LM5J7XC4NGLxxxxx
05-Aug-2021:  Production week changed to week of 06-Sep-2021 (e-mail from Lincoln)
01-Sep-2021:  Window sticker generated
01-Sep-2021:  Blend date assigned; production scheduled for 07-Sep-2021
10-Sep-2021:  Order status now indicates expected delivery on 09-Oct-2021

 

 

 


We ordered in June but everything from July 29th onward was pretty much the same for us, give or take a few days for each update.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got our “Built” email from Lincoln today!   The estimated delivery date is 9/22, but our dealership is 2-3 hours away from the Chicago plant so we’re hoping it’ll show up sooner 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received my Estimated Delivery date, it's been a long wait.

The worse part of waiting 6 months is hearing about all the issues and buy backs then wondering if I made the right decision. 

 

image.png.ce4cefcebf0154f8267cfba43248e89e.png

Edited by Alviator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When did your Aviator start production?  Mine says it started production 9/8. It still says in production but has an estimated delivery date of 10/8. Ours was ordered 5/8. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, aviator47 said:

When did your Aviator start production?  Mine says it started production 9/8. It still says in production but has an estimated delivery date of 10/8. Ours was ordered 5/8. Thanks 

Was scheduled for 9/9 and also says "In Production"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received the Built email today.

 

Your 2022 Lincoln Aviator Reserve has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and preparing to ship it to your dealer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our 2022 BL was delivered today!  We’re going to pick it up from the dealer tonight - can’t wait! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulation's on being the 1st to receive a 2022. Give us an update once you shake it down.

Edited by Alviator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what is happening with my Aviator.  Build date was to be 9/8.  Blend date was 9/6.  The sticker date at the bottom was 9/2 on the bottom left and the date on the bottom right is 2021/09/06.  The left date has now changed to 9/16.  The blend date and the bottom right date are still the same.

 

The status is being produced in one of our factories.  It has been like that since 9/8.  I called concierge and they said the car was built but still in the factory?  The next status shows completion of 10/8.  It also shows delivery date of 10/8.  Dealer has no information other than being produced.  

 

Curious how long it takes to get through production and why the completion and delivery dates are the same?

 

 

Edited by aviator47
correct blend date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, aviator47 said:

Not sure what is happening with my Aviator.  Build date was to be 9/8.  Blend date was 9/8.  The sticker date at the bottom was 9/2 on the bottom left and the date on the bottom right is 2021/09/06.  The left date has now changed to 9/16.  The blend date and the bottom right date are still the same.

 

The status is being produced in one of our factories.  It has been like that since 9/8.  I called concierge and they said the car was built but still in the factory?  The next status shows completion of 10/8.  It also shows delivery date of 10/8.  Dealer has no information other than being produced.  

 

Curious how long it takes to get through production and why the completion and delivery dates are the same?

 

 

The blend date is the date parts are sequenced for production.  That date is usually around 2 days or more prior to the actual build date.  The left date at the bottom of the window sticker will be the date you are viewing it always until the vehicle has shipped.  The delivery date will be dependent on how the vehicle is shipped and how far it has to go.  Vehicles shipped by rail have longer transit times than those shipped via truck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, aviator47 said:

Not sure what is happening with my Aviator.  Build date was to be 9/8.  Blend date was 9/6.  The sticker date at the bottom was 9/2 on the bottom left and the date on the bottom right is 2021/09/06.  The left date has now changed to 9/16.  The blend date and the bottom right date are still the same.

 

The status is being produced in one of our factories.  It has been like that since 9/8.  I called concierge and they said the car was built but still in the factory?  The next status shows completion of 10/8.  It also shows delivery date of 10/8.  Dealer has no information other than being produced.  

 

Curious how long it takes to get through production and why the completion and delivery dates are the same?

 

 

I remember reading your updates and were were on the same timeline.  My Blend data was 9/8.  It was in production probably around 9/1.  I got an estimated delivery date right around 9/8.  It has since been shipped (earlier this week).  My completion date does show my delivery date...probably a clitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, aviator47 said:

Not sure what is happening with my Aviator.  Build date was to be 9/8.  Blend date was 9/6.  The sticker date at the bottom was 9/2 on the bottom left and the date on the bottom right is 2021/09/06.  The left date has now changed to 9/16.  The blend date and the bottom right date are still the same.

 

The status is being produced in one of our factories.  It has been like that since 9/8.  I called concierge and they said the car was built but still in the factory?  The next status shows completion of 10/8.  It also shows delivery date of 10/8.  Dealer has no information other than being produced.  

 

Curious how long it takes to get through production and why the completion and delivery dates are the same?

 

 

I'm experiencing a similar routine with my special-order 2022 Aviator!

 

My window-sticker Blend Date was 9/7, and according to the Lincoln Order Tracking website, the vehicle was built in Chicago on 9/9. Current status is it's "...being manufactured at one of our factories." Status hasn't changed since 9/9. Estimated delivery is 10/9 -- exactly one month after it was built -- but that sounds like Lincoln's scheduling system is just guessing at delivery.

 

I also called the Lincoln Concierge and was told my 2022 Aviator has been produced but is still at the factory. My dealer shared exactly the same info with me yesterday, and cyberdman from here at Blue Oval Forums kindly provided the following status update: "In Production - Produced Ford Chicago Assembly, IL Sep-09-2021, 00:00 EDT. Nothing after that unfortunately."

 

Nobody seems to know why nothing has happened to my Aviator since 9/9, but it appears that aviator47 is in the same boat.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see some other people are in the same boat I am.  Blend date 9/6, In stage 2 production (if I mouse over it shows 9/8) but past that nothing new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: I received an e-mail message from Lincoln Motor Company at 6:24 a.m. EDT today that announced my 2022 Aviator "has been built." This is the only e-mail I've received from Lincoln since August 5.

 

The Lincoln Order Tracking System now predicts delivery by October 15. Before today, the delivery date was October 9. In addition, the Order Tracking System says that my Aviator was In Production on 9/9/2021 and Built on 10/15/2021.

 

Don't know how they can say my Aviator "has been built" then specify a Built date that's in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received my Shipped email on 9/16 but the Build date is the same as the Expected Delivery date 10/13.

It's just a bug in the tracking system don't worry you will receive a Shipped email next week.

 

Your new 2022 Lincoln Aviator Reserve is on its way to your dealer.

Our current estimate for delivery is between October 7, 2021 and October 13, 2021. Once it arrives, a dealership representative will contact you to arrange final delivery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've received nothing from Ford/Lincoln regarding my build....

 

Ordered: 8/5/2021
Order Number: 2231
VIN: 5LM5J9XC3NGL05068
 
Dealer initially said build date was scheduled week of 10/25.  They updated week before last and dealer said build scheduled week of 10/4.  Window sticker still not available, and no other information on the order tracker page.  Any way of finding more out?  I know - I'm worse than a kid....lol
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2021 at 7:37 PM, TexasRedneck said:

I've received nothing from Ford/Lincoln regarding my build....

 

Ordered: 8/5/2021
Order Number: 2231
VIN: 5LM5J9XC3NGL05068
 
Dealer initially said build date was scheduled week of 10/25.  They updated week before last and dealer said build scheduled week of 10/4.  Window sticker still not available, and no other information on the order tracker page.  Any way of finding more out?  I know - I'm worse than a kid....lol
 

 

Your next step will be to get "Scheduled to Day" and your window sticker will also become available. Since your build is set for next week some time, I believe your window sticker should be going live at some point toward the end of this week. 

 

You can also leverage cyberdman on the vehicle locator section of this forum, he can pull the current status of the order as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alterbridge86 said:

 

Your next step will be to get "Scheduled to Day" and your window sticker will also become available. Since your build is set for next week some time, I believe your window sticker should be going live at some point toward the end of this week. 

 

You can also leverage cyberdman on the vehicle locator section of this forum, he can pull the current status of the order as well. 

 

Thanks - yeah, they gave me a "Scheduled to Day" earlier this week - 10/9....just not real sure what that means - is that the day they're scheduled to begin the build, or complete it?  Or something else entirely, LOL??   Nothing on the window sticker as of this morning, maybe this weekend.  Traditionally, we've bought out of dealer stock, but giving the situation this year (and wanting to give the wife EXACTLY what she wanted), I ordered one for her, and am now sitting here trying to figure out what happens when, because once delivered I'm bundling her up in her new ride and taking her out west for her favorite past time...shopping with some long-time vendorson some of the reservations we've been going to for the past 20+ years..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TexasRedneck said:

 

Thanks - yeah, they gave me a "Scheduled to Day" earlier this week - 10/9....just not real sure what that means - is that the day they're scheduled to begin the build, or complete it?  Or something else entirely, LOL??   Nothing on the window sticker as of this morning, maybe this weekend.  Traditionally, we've bought out of dealer stock, but giving the situation this year (and wanting to give the wife EXACTLY what she wanted), I ordered one for her, and am now sitting here trying to figure out what happens when, because once delivered I'm bundling her up in her new ride and taking her out west for her favorite past time...shopping with some long-time vendorson some of the reservations we've been going to for the past 20+ years..  

I had the same initial build date as you (10/25) and the later update to 10/4.  Sticker came available this past Sunday and the date at the top is 10/4.  So hoping mine goes into production and is built next week.  Wife's 40th is 10/25 and would love to have it in time to surprise her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, getlost22 said:

I had the same initial build date as you (10/25) and the later update to 10/4.  Sticker came available this past Sunday and the date at the top is 10/4.  So hoping mine goes into production and is built next week.  Wife's 40th is 10/25 and would love to have it in time to surprise her.

 

Our sticker just popped up today w/10/9 as the date on top....keep me posted on yours - it'll be interesting to see how long after build it takes to get to the dealership!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine says produced. Blend was 9/6 and production started 9/8. Bad news is status is still in production. Not moved from plant on 9/30. Seems to matter where you live. Our Aviator reserve is headed to Texas. No information from dealer or concierge except produced. Tracking says delivery 10/8. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, aviator47 said:

Mine says produced. Blend was 9/6 and production started 9/8. Bad news is status is still in production. Not moved from plant on 9/30. Seems to matter where you live. Our Aviator reserve is headed to Texas. No information from dealer or concierge except produced. Tracking says delivery 10/8. 

 

From what I've been given to understand, the site doesn't always update properly.  Having spoken w/the Concierge at length yesterday, I'm less than enthused with their "knowledge" about things going on in the factory.  I think the folks here that are updating are a better/more reliable source than anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dealer is in Sugarland Texas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aviator47 said:

Dealer is in Sugarland Texas

 

About 170 miles....by Texas standards, we're neighbors! LOL   Spent 40+ years in outside technical sales - peers couldn't understand why I was putting 50=70k/yr on my vehicle.  Some of my customers were 700 miles away, and driving was the only thing that made sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×