How long does a Super Duty stay on the Build Line

rblazeiko

I have been curious for quite a while now. It does help that I have a truck going on the line any day now but what I really want to know is this, 

From start to finish, how long does a Super Duty truck stay on the production line? From when the build date starts to when it rolls out of the factory to the rail yards behind the plant.

My build starts Feb 2, 2021 given nothing changes. knowing a bit more will help plan for me to have the work equipment ready when it arrives. I am expecting it right around the beginning of April.

14 minutes ago, STDevil said:

Cool.  Mine is scheduled for build tomorrow also.  Hopefully all goes off without a hitch.  I saw some posts about a shortage of 6.7 engines...

Very cool. I saw all the shortages starting to work their way through all automakers but if ours are scheduled, they would have all the parts there. I doubt they would schedule a job and not be able to complete it. If one fastener was missing they would probably push the whole truck. Hopefully it's a good day at the plant and everyone is in a good mood tomorrow lol

a 2021 F250 6.2 we are  just having in the building process , could not get option 85S installed.We got  told to rather drop this option in order having the truck built and completed on schedule.The dealer will install 85S ( spray in bedliner) after it´s been deliverd to the dealership.

Edited by advisor1970
typo

22 minutes ago, advisor1970 said:

a 2021 F250 6.2 we are  just having in the building process , could not get option 85S installed. We got old to rather drop this option in order having the truck built and completed on schedule. The dealer will install 85S ( spray in bedliner) after it´s been deliverd to the dealership.

Were you given a reason why they couldn't provide the spray in bed liner?  I have an F350 on order and I selected that option as well.

"The option 85S – spray in bedliner is holding up production of the ordered F250. The dealer suggests dropping this option and adding an aftermarket spray in liner. Please confirm that you agree."

Thats what we got told by our partner.So it does not raise any concern to me having it done by the dealer.Rather not having the order  delayed.

I was wondering if my SD went to build on 2/2 as the dealer's system indicated on 1/15.  They poked around in the computer and it looked like the truck went to build a week early, but the system was not showing any updates.  The Fleet Manager mentioned that he was aware of a shortage of diesel engines :(, but did not think that would have held things up if the truck was already scheduled for build.  He said he was just preparing me in case we got some bad news.  It's not his fault and I appreciated him letting me know what he thought.  He's an old timer so he was trustworthy to me.

I said I'd just check in in 3 weeks if nothings changes in the on line system...

I have seen some references to a shortage of engines, but nothing definitive.

Mine had a "scheduled to day" of 2/2, but the Fleet Manager sent me a screen shot from the system saying that it was "sent to plant" on January 27.  That's the same date that's listed on the bottom of the Window Sticker I saw on the tracking app and Alumizilla.  It will be interesting to see when more information shows up on the tracking app.  

4 hours ago, STDevil said:

Mine had a "scheduled to day" of 2/2, but the Fleet Manager sent me a screen shot from the system saying that it was "sent to plant" on January 27.  That's the same date that's listed on the bottom of the Window Sticker I saw on the tracking app and Alumizilla.  It will be interesting to see when more information shows up on the tracking app.  

That can happen. If things run well with not much line stoppage things can move faster than planned. That's why I usually tell people that their scheduled build date could fluctuate up to +/- a week. 

1 hour ago, waloud said:

Spray in bed liner is done by an outside company.  The truck is built like another truck, then it goes down the road to have the Berliner sprayed and then it comes back to the plant for inspection before it is shipped.

I just used Line-X on mine.  Probably better than factory with a local warranty and about the same price.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mworkman80 said:

Would it be best to remove the spray-in bedliner? My build week is 3/1 and others that ordered the same week have a build week of 2/15. Curious if removing the spray-in bedliner would bump my build up to an eariler date.

If your order is scheduled don't remove the spray-in bedliner. Doing so will actually push your scheduled build date back!

If you had the choice of ordering the spray in Berliner I would suggest not doing it and going aftermarket after delivery. Especially if it is going to cause delay. The quality and application from my experience is not on par with the aftermarket and there is no cost savings. 

5 hours ago, CCrider said:

If you had the choice of ordering the spray in Berliner I would suggest not doing it and going aftermarket after delivery. Especially if it is going to cause delay. The quality and application from my experience is not on par with the aftermarket and there is no cost savings. 

Problem is the bed liner is part of certain packages, like the black appearance package, so the buyer doesn’t necessarily have a choice. 

23 hours ago, pig9r said:

Problem is the bed liner is part of certain packages, like the black appearance package, so the buyer doesn’t necessarily have a choice. 

Mine was chosen and was a stand alone option. The word I have gotten is that they are much better quality now and on par with the aftermarket options.