Jump to content





rblazeiko

How long does a Super Duty stay on the Build Line

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, STDevil said:

Today, the date on the very bottom of my sticker changed to 2/11.  


That’s the current date.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.  The date does not change every day.  The last date on the sticker was 2/4.  That one stayed there until today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just some timeline info on my recent F 450  build

 

window sticker 1/14

Build date 1/24

Tough liner &  retractable  Tonneau cover installed offsite of KTP week of 1/24 - 

Shipped rail  1/30

offloaded from railcar on 2/5 In Philadelphia PA

delivered to dealer 2/12 in NJ 

 

The date on the bottom of the window sticker changed at each step listed above.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates on the short supply of spray in bedliner product? I just ordered and can delete it so down the road it won't slow anything down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2021 at 3:42 AM, waloud said:

Spray in bed liner is done by an outside company.  The truck is built like another truck, then it goes down the road to have the Berliner sprayed and then it comes back to the plant for inspection before it is shipped.

I was notified that my truck is "Awaiting Shipment- Released Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2" Does this mean that the build is complete & spray in bed liner is installed?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would assume that is correct.  If it is showing released, that is a good sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

After reading the interesting discussion here on production timelines, I sure hope my 250 XLT scheduled to  to be built next week, makes it through.

I believe ice-capades (sp) mentioned Super Dutys were not scheduled now until next Thursday.

Update:

Well it is good to see sometimes things go as estimated. I was pleasantly surprised to see my truck built this morning.Screenshot_20210402-070551_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7235ba814caa6b6bb575da546f022ded.jpg

Edited by ManyFords
Update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My build has been interesting and frustrating ! Spray in bed liner ?

2021 Lariat, Diesel, 

Order receipt 12/28/2020

Finally got a Vin 7 weeks later 2/9/2021

Built 3/12/2021

Delivery est date gets down to 2 days. Then extends out another 5. Dealer shows it released.  Jack Cooper showed it along with Bill of lading. Now states " Not a valid VIN or shipped by another carrier" 

14 weeks now and counting. 3 since build and not shipped

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I ordered at the dealer, my sales guy said they will install spray in , wheel liners, mud flaps, tonneau cover (and winch) at dealership due to these items will hold up delivery. Here is my time line dealer customer service has been exceptional:

 

Just from my specific time line, It seems that the actual time on assembly line was 24 hours or so.? I think gathering parts is considered part of "in production"

 

Ordered at MN dealer 2/15

ordered confirmed by Ford 2/16

Got my VIN by dealer on 2/20 (started tracking on ford sight this day)

W/S populated on 3/17 on ford tracking site, date at bottom has only changed once to 3/24

In production was week of 3/22 per dealer/Ford customer care, however ford tracking site said 3/27

Ford tracking says "Built" 3/29

"shipped" 16 days its says but circle is not fully filled.

Est Delivery to my Ford dealership in MN is 4/18

 

Although it says "Convoy", I believe it gets shipped by rail, then truck picks it up from rail yard in mn then takes to dealer.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

When I ordered at the dealer, my sales guy said they will install spray in , wheel liners, mud flaps, tonneau cover (and winch) at dealership due to these items will hold up delivery. Here is my time line dealer customer service has been exceptional:

 

Just from my specific time line, It seems that the actual time on assembly line was 24 hours or so.? I think gathering parts is considered part of "in production"

 

Ordered at MN dealer 2/15

ordered confirmed by Ford 2/16

Got my VIN by dealer on 2/20 (started tracking on ford sight this day)

W/S populated on 3/17 on ford tracking site, date at bottom has only changed once to 3/24

In production was week of 3/22 per dealer/Ford customer care, however ford tracking site said 3/27

Ford tracking says "Built" 3/29

"shipped" 16 days its says but circle is not fully filled.

Est Delivery to my Ford dealership in MN is 4/18

 

Although it says "Convoy", I believe it gets shipped by rail, then truck picks it up from rail yard in mn then takes to dealer.

 

 

 

Everything gets shipped by rail and is transferred to the carrier company when it arrives at the final rail destination where it is then loaded onto a carrier for delivery to the dealership. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aghhh ok. Thank you for the update. I figured so, but wasn't sure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a 2022 F-250 XLT 7.3 a few days ago, knowing it will not be built until well after June 1st. My cheery, optimistic sales guy says late July delivery but we'll see. 
My wife accuses me of overthinking everything, but it's fun to imagine my truck is right now rolled up on a big spool somewhere in Kentucky. :) 

It's good to know about the 33 hour start to finish thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2021 at 8:56 AM, ice-capades said:

 

Everything gets shipped by rail and is transferred to the carrier company when it arrives at the final rail destination where it is then loaded onto a carrier for delivery to the dealership. 

Some of those that are closer to the factory do go straight by truck.  A member in Michigan had his shipped from KTP to dealer directly by Jack Cooper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2021 at 8:00 PM, Radio said:

I ordered a 2022 F-250 XLT 7.3 a few days ago, knowing it will not be built until well after June 1st. My cheery, optimistic sales guy says late July delivery but we'll see. 
My wife accuses me of overthinking everything, but it's fun to imagine my truck is right now rolled up on a big spool somewhere in Kentucky. :) 

It's good to know about the 33 hour start to finish thing. 

I received a call today that my SD showed up at the dealer in AZ today. It took 5 months and 1 day, from placing my order on 11/13/21!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pig9r said:

Some of those that are closer to the factory do go straight by truck.  A member in Michigan had his shipped from KTP to dealer directly by Jack Cooper.

 

Yes, depending on the distance of course. And the final rail destination isn't necessarily the ramp facility closest to the dealerships. The routing changes usually when contracts are renegotiated and many times you'd have to question the logic used, or lack thereof, that was used. F-150's headed to southern CT used to go by rail to Newark, NJ but most are now going to Wilmington, DE and driven twice the distance on car carriers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×