Sales Results January '21

On 2/4/2021 at 12:27 PM, FordBuyer said:

I hate to admit it because I spent $34,500 on a new 2020 Escape hybrid, but Ford now has a major headache with this new generation model. Ruinous rebates of $4,000+ already combined with lackluster sales. Going forward near term, Ford needs to get control of these ruinous rebates. IMO, you do it with more standard content like fog lights on SE, and better looking wheels. Add in $1,500 of content, and cut $2,000 in rebates. Long term, Ford needs to focus on better finishes, more content, hybrid models, and the 3 cylinder for S fleet only. 

I agree with you, with the exception of the 1.5.  It is a perfectly acceptable base motor.  It has more than adequate power for most people. I have driven my daughter’s Escape several times, and never felt it needed more power.  I do think the transmission could use some better calibration though, as I feel it needs to hold some gears longer.  For the record, I am someone who cares about motor performance, since we have a Raptor and Explorer Sport.  

10 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Ford is not as aggressive in pricing to fleets as Chevy and Ram. I know in my district Chevy fleet pickups rule as they undercut Ford in price. 

Part of it depends on who is buying and how they write the bid.  When I worked summers during college for a county highway department, they had nearly all fords (including some L8000 and L9000 plow trucks).  The person in charge of purchasing liked Fords, so that is what the county got.

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The auto industry is one of the lowest margin industries in the world. 5% is considered high. For Ford to be consistently at 8% or above right now is unreal. 

Ford wasn't anywhere near 8% EBIT margin for FY 2020, it was 2.2% for the full year and 4.8% for Q4.

6 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Ford wasn't anywhere near 8% EBIT margin for FY 2020, it was 2.2% for the full year and 4.8% for Q4.

Nope, we're both wrong. It was 4.9% for North America, 3.8% Globally for Q4. 4.5% North America, 1.4% Globally for the year. 

https://www.at.ford.com/content/dam/atford/fna/images/articles/2021/01/Q42020EarningsRelease.pdf

That's still really good for an industry where 3% is considered high. 

76C146AD-9C7B-4B1F-986F-8DD8009D23BB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1