2022 Nissan Frontier

Anthony

6 minutes ago, valve said:

The interior looks badly dated already. The exterior isn't bad, the front end has a bit of a futuristic look but definitely screams Nissan.

It's the interior they should have had maybe 8 years ago, but considering they're just now getting away from the interior that looks like it came from over 15 years ago.....

37 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Surprised no one is mentioning the aping of Ford's window kickdown on the front windows/doors.

They had already copied it on the Titan, so it didn't come as a surprise here.

The interior is ghastly. Heck even the existing Ranger is better than that and it's like 6 years old already.

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 3

Oh. My. God.

Look at the infotainment screen. 

Now look at the HVAC control cluster in that weird kidney shape.

Now look back at the screen.

WHY AREN'T THEY CENTERED?!?

As has been said, the exterior would make a great next gen GMC Canyon but that interior is an absolute mess. And my right knee hurts just looking at it.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

21 minutes ago, tbone said:

GMC was my first thought.  It’s not bad though.  Significantly better looking than the current model. The interior looks like a sea of black plastic.  

I guess Nissan has gone from looking like Ford (Titan) to GMC with the new Frontier. I actually like the current Frontier compared to the new one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Oh. My. God.

Look at the infotainment screen. 

Now look at the HVAC control cluster in that weird kidney shape.

Now look back at the screen.

WHY AREN'T THEY CENTERED?!?

As has been said, the exterior would make a great next gen GMC Canyon but that interior is an absolute mess. And my right knee hurts just looking at it.

I didn't even notice that off centered thing, and now I can't unsee it.

• Like 3

The interior looks like it is made from far too many pieces. I think that will squeak and rattle like it has 200,000 miles before you make the last payment if it is in a location like New England with big temperature swings in the weather.

The Pathfinder isn't much better in looks, but it looks like it is made with fewer seams and will make less noise as it ages.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-suvs/2022-nissan-pathfinder-first-look/ss-BB1doKwU?li=BBnb4R5#image=9

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Last night I watched the TFL Truck video on this thing and they declared the interior as "class leading".

WTF are they smoking?

I think if you're generous, you could maybe call it "class equaling", as with the current midsize crop, you have:

-Colorado/Canyon dating to 2015

-Ranger while new to our market for '19, dates to 2015 ROW/design-wise

-Tacoma is 2016

-Ridgeline to 2017.

So the newest interior is from 4 years ago.

Maybe materials are better than they look, but I think it looks old and not very impressive.

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

Last night I watched the TFL Truck video on this thing and they declared the interior as "class leading".

WTF are they smoking?

It is class leading IMO....the whole segment has poor quality interiors besides the Gladiator and if you want to include the Ridgeline.  I think the exterior looks excellent and interior decent but puzzled by some of the blank switches and that dead knob to the right center stack. Overall nice job, and the market just got more competitive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1