2022 Nissan Frontier

Anthony

10 minutes ago, kyle said:

It is class leading IMO....the whole segment has poor quality interiors besides the Gladiator and if you want to include the Ridgeline. 

Yes sir kyle, 2022 Nissan Frontier interior is the best in a segment known for cheap and nasty interiors, other than Ridgeline and Gladiator. I guess midsize pickup truck customers don't place a high priority on interior quality or design, as long as the interior is functional.

Edited by rperez817

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Yes sir kyle, 2022 Nissan Frontier interior is the best in a segment known for cheap and nasty interiors, other than Ridgeline and Gladiator. I guess midsize pickup truck customers don't place a high priority on interior quality or design, as long as the interior is functional.

Wouldn't that mean the Gladiator and Ridgeline are the class leaders?

That's like saying the Yugo was the best car in it's class except for everything that was better.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

She looked just like Shania Twain except for her face.   

And her body was different too.

- Larry the Cable Guy

The name is Pither, just like Brotherhood, except it starts with P-I instead of B-R-O and there's no "hood" at the end.

- Monty Python

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Wouldn't that mean the Gladiator and Ridgeline are the class leaders?

That's like saying the Yugo was the best car in it's class except for everything that was better.

Fair point and Yes and no.....I just don't think the Gladiator or Ridgeline buyer cross shops into the that segment.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kyle said:

It is class leading IMO....the whole segment has poor quality interiors besides the Gladiator and if you want to include the Ridgeline.  I think the exterior looks excellent and interior decent but puzzled by some of the blank switches and that dead knob to the right center stack. Overall nice job, and the market just got more competitive. 

I figured it's a 12V point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, twintornados said:

My first thought....then the F-Series drop down window treatment AND the Bronco inspired "oh shit" grab handles in the center console.

I noticed that handle as well.  I suppose imitation is the best form of flattery.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:53 AM, Harley Lover said:

Surprised no one is mentioning the aping of Ford's window kickdown on the front windows/doors.

I just don't get the point. I'd rather have the extra window real estate for maximum visibility.  In this particular case and the Broncos too, sometimes Function > Style

9 hours ago, probowler said:

I just don't get the point. I'd rather have the extra window real estate for maximum visibility.  In this particular case and the Broncos too, sometimes Function > Style

Don't get the point of what?  The window dropdown?  or lack of?

This is a very comprehensive refresh but like Tacoma, it is still using the same platform from 2005. The 4 mainstream midsize trucks are all pretty old in that regard but buyers don't seem to mind.

Tacoma: platform debut 2005, last refresh 2016

Colorado: platform debut 2011 (as Isuzu D-Max), last refresh 2015 for the US market launch

Ranger: platform debut 2011, last refresh 2019 for the US market launch

Frontier: platform debut 2005, last refresh 2021

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

This is a very comprehensive refresh but like Tacoma, it is still using the same platform from 2005. The 4 mainstream midsize trucks are all pretty old in that regard but buyers don't seem to mind.

Tacoma: platform debut 2005, last refresh 2016

Colorado: platform debut 2011 (as Isuzu D-Max), last refresh 2015 for the US market launch

Ranger: platform debut 2011, last refresh 2019 for the US market launch

Frontier: platform debut 2005, last refresh 2021

Technically the new Ranger coming soon is a new platform but it's kinda like what they did with F-series; changed enough to call it a new platform but it's really a heavily revised version of the prior one. The same argument can be made for the Ranger we get here vs. the ROW version. 

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Technically the new Ranger coming soon is a new platform but it's kinda like what they did with F-series; changed enough to call it a new platform but it's really a heavily revised version of the prior one. The same argument can be made for the Ranger we get here vs. the ROW version. 

The one we have is definitely like a mid (late?) cycle update of 2011 T6. New engine, new transmission, and lots of small improvements. 

2021 Bronco and 2023 Ranger probably have enough revision to warrant the "all new" label. the new front subframe to accommodate V6 alone is a substantial change. But officially, Ford is still calling it T6 right? 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 7:42 AM, kyle said:

It is class leading IMO....the whole segment has poor quality interiors besides the Gladiator and if you want to include the Ridgeline.  I think the exterior looks excellent and interior decent but puzzled by some of the blank switches and that dead knob to the right center stack. Overall nice job, and the market just got more competitive. 

10 bucks says the heated seat switches go there when so equiped.

My escape has a similar blank switch setup.

7 hours ago, bzcat said:

The one we have is definitely like a mid (late?) cycle update of 2011 T6. New engine, new transmission, and lots of small improvements. 

2021 Bronco and 2023 Ranger probably have enough revision to warrant the "all new" label. the new front subframe to accommodate V6 alone is a substantial change. But officially, Ford is still calling it T6 right? 

Think of the Ranger we got as the bridge from ROW T6 to Bronco. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 7:48 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

• 6 months later...

Production of 2022 Nissan Frontier is underway at Nissan's plant in Canton, Mississippi, and the first driving impressions of the truck from professional reviewers have been published. Examples.

2022 Nissan Frontier Keeps It Simple (caranddriver.com)

2022 Nissan Frontier First Drive Review | Return from the wilderness (autoblog.com)

2022 Nissan Frontier First Drive: This Isn’t a Revolution (motortrend.com)

On 2/5/2021 at 11:51 AM, rperez817 said:

If the interior is not functional, then what good is it? Functional to me means volume, tuning, fan, and temp knobs. Also easy to clean up and durable so interior still looks new 10 years later. Especially true for pickups and other off road vehicles. 

On 2/9/2021 at 7:26 PM, timsvtgen1 said:

Really like it and looks Tacoma-esque ( not a bad thing imo) I would have appreciated a Manual transmission but... Ill be a realist here and say fine, I understand.

Trouble with Nissan is latest new vehicles like Rogue have only ONE engine choice, and that engine is nothing special. I would assume new Ranger will have hybrid option. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 8:43 AM, FordBuyer said:

Trouble with Nissan is latest new vehicles like Rogue have only ONE engine choice, and that engine is nothing special. I would assume new Ranger will have hybrid option. 

It's still a Nissan top seller and the third best seller in it's segment. 

• Like 1