Change in the date at the bottom of the window sticker

STDevil

Hi all -

I hope this is not the wrong place to post this question...

I have an F350 super duty on order and have checked the on-line order system where I could see my window sticker.  The first one had a date at the very bottom (below the green border) of 1/27/21, and the next day, it changed to 1/28/21.  This morning, the date changed to 2/4/21.  The status is "in production" and the dealer's system showed a "scheduled to day" date of 2/2.

Does anyone know what it means when the date at the very bottom of the window sticker changes?

Thanks!

My theory -that is all it is- is that the original date that appears in the box is the blend date - when the order is put together for the factory and window sticker is generated.  The very bottom date changes when the truck goes to body then again at trim then again at the end of assembly.  Then once it is delivered it updates again and stays that date. 

Edited by pig9r

Thanks for the responses!

akirby, the date stayed at 1/28 for several days.  It only changed to 2/4 today.

pig9r, your thinking makes sense.  I guess I was wondering about that though because someone said the trucks go through the entire assembly line in 24 hours.   But it makes sense that the date on the sticker would change when something about the truck changes.

Again, thanks for sounding off!

• 2 weeks later...

The date on the bottom of the sticker changed to 2/19/21 this morning.  I am hoping that means the truck arrived at the rail yard just off of 167 in Pacific.

I was planning to go to my North office today but may just drive to the South office so I can scan the yard and see if the truck is there!!

A 2/19 arrival would put me on track for the early estimated delivery of 2/25.  If not, then it’ll be 3/3.  Either way, getting close!!

My truck is shipping now also.  The date on mine changed on the production date (02/10) then changed again yesterday - when I believe it was loaded on the train.  

So then today I checked Alumzilla and my arrival date moved back 9 days.  My estimated delivery date has gone from 03/03, 03/01,  02/28, 03/04, to  now 03/13.  

On 2/19/2021 at 5:34 PM, pig9r said:

My truck is shipping now also.  The date on mine changed on the production date (02/10) then changed again yesterday - when I believe it was loaded on the train.  

So then today I checked Alumzilla and my arrival date moved back 9 days.  My estimated delivery date has gone from 03/03, 03/01,  02/28, 03/04, to  now 03/13.  

Are you dizzy yet?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pig9r said:

But if we could crack the code it would be like finding the Rosetta Stone.?. I guess I am going back to the days of when tracking meant plugging your VIN a into the window sticker web address and looking for changes.

The Window Stickers are generated shortly before the vehicle goes into production and are produced to comply with federal requirements for vehicle content, pricing and EPA disclosure. They have nothing to do with order scheduling, production or vehicle tracking. Vehicle scheduling and tracking is provided by other sources and sites.  

Edited by ice-capades
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

The Window Stickers are generated shortly before the vehicle goes into production and are produced to comply with federal requirements for vehicle content, pricing and EPA disclosure. They have nothing to do with order scheduling, production or vehicle tracking. Vehicle scheduling and tracking is provided by other sources and sites.  

Yes I understand.  But the date at the very bottom changes as the build and shipping progresses.  And so far the changes on mine have corresponded with the build date and ship date. I have looked at some in dealer inventory and some match with the final delivery date, some not. 

image.jpeg.35998e3fb749d7d674d8eac0849efdff.jpeg

Hi gang. ice-capades gave the correct information/answer just a few replies above. The dates are simply paperwork processing dates (to put it simply). They mean nothing as far as we the customer are concerned. If one happens to coincidentally match a production date, delivery date etc., that is all it is. A coincidence.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The date at the bottom is likely nothing more than the last time the window sticker was generated in the system.  I just looked up a 2019 E-Series cutaway on a local dealer's lot and the invoice date was 11/05/19.  The date on the window sticker at the bottom is 02/08/2021.  It doesn't correspond to anything useful.  It is basically a "current as of" date.  That is all.

https://www.mhford.com/api/legacy/pse/windowsticker/ford?vin=1FDXE4FS9KDC74532&dealerCode=05078&postalCode=67209&status=NEW&cguid=SH-429f871e-e159-183f-01b4-5e429fae284d